Blacktail Deer Plateau When the world turns ugly I just turn and look at you
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That would be great, if you could always be sure about that," Osprey retorted with a smile. She knew tales about kelpies and jack-o-lanterns and other creatures that did their stuff out of pure evil desires, but her "tingling voices" were more complicated. They just sang, they didn't have an intention and the choice was always yours. If you decided to follow them, you could get in an adventure of a lifetime or quite the opposite - end up as a dinner for someone else. "Besides - I have had enough adventures in the world for now. Not with the winter coming," she said and mused of how grown up and boring she sounded. Two years ago nothing would have stopped her to take another challenge.

"Or maybe they were voices of a different sort," she added, following his gaze, but not seeing the constellation he did. "I mean - there are voices that call us from outside, yet there are so many that live within us and we hear them, when our mind is the most vulnerable and open," few months ago, while sick and unhappy about Crete's disappearance, she had had plenty of nightmares. Yet she knew that they all stemmed from her mind and unrealized ideas. Getting away from the place had cured her, yet it seemed that this didn't work for everybody. "Do you know the stars well?" she asked, deciding to steer the conversation in a different direction.
Messages In This Thread
RE: When the world turns ugly I just turn and look at you - by Osprey - September 10, 2014, 02:38 PM