Gyrfalcon's Keep Dangerous Temptation
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I already had him walk away because realistically he wouldn't have stayed any longer but I'll try to work it out.

The ebony elder kept speaking even as Ragnar turned his back and walked away. Ragnar was not a child and Adair was not Eitri. Ragnar didn't need to be patronized for his thoughts. It was how he had felt and how he would always feel and, frankly, he didn't recall asking for the opinion of the other man. It was not illogical for Ragnar to distrust a man whom he did not know, and entirely reasonable to spurn the gifts of a wolf who regardless was not only a traitor in Ragnar's eyes but also a part of the Spine pack. Especially given the fact that it was a Spine wolf that attacked and nearly killed Julooke. Julooke...who was like a daughter to him despite that he suspected that they were about the same age. I do not respect wolves who have no honor. Do not be a bigot because my thoughts are not the same as yours, because I spurn you and your gifts. I do not know you and your life means nothing to me. I expect nothing less from you or any stranger, Ragnar's steps paused so that he could speak to the elder over his shoulder, a trademark smirk tugging at the edges of his lips. Adair was only shoving his paw in his mouth, spewing off about how Ragnar assumed and yet he was doing the same thing. Assuming. That he had had any idea why Stavanger Bay followed Ragnar, or how Ragnar led his pack. You talk to me of assumptions like you are high and mighty and yet, you do the same thing. Just because I have no regard for your life and no respect for strangers that I do not know, that have not earned it, and no need for allies does not mean anything. I respect and love my subordinates. They are my family; but I owe you no explanation. You are more than free to try to tell my pack why they should not follow me. See how far you get. Ragnar was a different wolf with his pack, but he didn't care what Adair did with the information.

Alliances are false, just as allies are. It is a false peace filled with lies. If a war were to break out tomorrow between two opposing packs and they called upon the packs in which they had an alliance with those wolves would not come. A smart leader looks out for his pack and sacrificing their lives pointlessly in a false and fickle friendship does not make a good leader. Odinn's Cove only had one ally but that was because they were a sister pack — created only because the Cove had swelled to too big of a size. Freyja's Moors was a branch off of the Cove, an extension rather than an actual pack. The Jarl played by a whole different set of rules. He wasn't like other men, or the posh Southern wolves. He was an epitome of his upbringing, his culture and the environment in which he had been born into and endured. The words of the old man were an annoyance at most. An old man who thought that his way was the right way and that Ragnar was wrong and unworthy of leading because he was not the same. Because he did not make friends with outside packs — though there were the odd exceptions, his mind going to Blacktail Deer Plateau those that friendship was born purely out of coincidence. Ragnar had traveled a bit with Blue Willow and had earned Peregrine's respect by taking in his daughter when she had washed up upon the shores of Ravensblood Forest. It wasn't like Ragnar had done that for the sake of earning the DiSarinno's respect. It had just happened.

This meeting has nothing to do with how I lead my wolves. You are not my subordinate and you know nothing about me or my pack. I have been leading for a very long time, before I came here, before I had even reached my sexual maturity, Leading the Berserkers wasn't quite the same as leading a pack but it was similar in many ways and Ragnar had been the youngest to be chosen as the Head Berserker, beating out his older brother by a milestone. If I was a terrible leader as you assume that I am they would have risen against me long ago — they would have killed me, Ragnar's smirk widened keeping a sharp, fierce and cold eye upon the ignorant fool who dared to tell him that he was leading wrong. Do yourself a favor, old man. Realize that you do not know everything and stop pretending to know about wolves when you understand nothing. You do not know me or Stavanger Bay no more than you know anything about the Spine wolves whom you are betraying. I would keep my jaw shut if I were you, before you get yourself killed. With those words Ragnar departed for good, eager to be back in Stavanger Bay, putting the Spine fool out of his mind with the intent to, instead, to check on Julooke and see if she could tell him anything more about her attacker.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN
Messages In This Thread
Dangerous Temptation - by Adair The Forsaken - August 31, 2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Dangerous Temptation - by Ragnar - September 02, 2014, 08:00 AM
RE: Dangerous Temptation - by Adair The Forsaken - September 03, 2014, 07:48 AM
RE: Dangerous Temptation - by Ragnar - September 05, 2014, 05:53 AM
RE: Dangerous Temptation - by Adair The Forsaken - September 05, 2014, 06:26 AM
RE: Dangerous Temptation - by Ragnar - September 08, 2014, 09:45 AM
RE: Dangerous Temptation - by Adair The Forsaken - September 08, 2014, 05:29 PM
RE: Dangerous Temptation - by Ragnar - September 11, 2014, 11:23 AM
RE: Dangerous Temptation - by Adair The Forsaken - September 11, 2014, 07:24 PM
RE: Dangerous Temptation - by Ragnar - September 12, 2014, 07:54 AM