Blacktail Deer Plateau When the world turns ugly I just turn and look at you
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't," Osprey had her own opinion about this matter. She agreed that "going into the unknown" was tempting, while you sat at your safe home and dreamed about it. However, in her experience a journey or any kind of adventure must be started with some kind of purpose or goal in mind, as well as planning. You couldn't go on a journey in the middle of winter, unless you wanted to die from starvation. Leaving a pack in autumn wasn't a wise thing to do either. Besides - you had to have at least some sort of direction in mind and knowing of the landmarks. In case you failed, you could find your way back home again, at least. Funny, how it was - the younger Osprey would never have agreed to that.

She followed his gaze, when he told her about the constellations, but where he saw images, there she saw only shining dots. While he imagination could fill almost every aspect of her life, yet it didn't work, unless someone showed her. When he mentioned names Jupiter, Ganymede, they sounded familiar to her and she stood silent for a moment, trying to remember, why did they seem important to her. "Are your ancestors Romans?" she asked. "My father - Aether - used to tell a lot of tales about the Ancients. Gods included. There was this one guy - can't remember his name - who had more lovers and children than any other. And some were born in a very odd way," she tried to recollect bits and pieces of what she had heard as a kid.
Messages In This Thread
RE: When the world turns ugly I just turn and look at you - by Osprey - September 12, 2014, 03:21 PM