Stavanger Bay It was a privilege, wasn't it?
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Omg, you guys…these kids are so adorable already. I'm sitting here grinning like an idiot. XD

The puppies had only been here a couple of hours, and yet Verrine could already tell that he and Julooke were in over their heads.

One child was a handful. And they had four. Four restless, curious kids all going in different directions, all wailing and whimpering for something, all crapping on themselves and demanding attention at the same time. He had found himself repeatedly thinking back on Ragnar's words of advice and hoping that he could handle all of this. He was terrified, overwhelmed, and…incredibly, insanely happy and excited. He had kids! Kids! Four of them!

Kevlyn had started wailing again. Despite him and Levi being nearly identical in appearance, it was easy to tell them apart because from the moment Verrine had laid eyes on him, Kevlyn hadn't shut up. The only time that child was silent was when there was a teat in his mouth. He even whimpered in his sleep. He started his squealing again, and Verrine grinned and sighed, giving Julooke a look that said, Here we go again. Levi was disturbed by Kevlyn's ruckus, though, and began fumbling around and crying as well. Verrine allowed him to crawl about for a moment before his screeching made it clear he was in distress, at which point he gently picked the infant up and placed him with his other siblings beside Julooke's belly. Kevlyn's tiny voice carried on, and Verrine's tongue gently swiped the boy in an attempt to soothe him. "Quiet, you," the father said softly, knowing they couldn't hear him but still talking to them anyway.
<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>
Messages In This Thread
It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Kevlyn - September 14, 2014, 09:04 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Levi - September 14, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Kevlyn - September 14, 2014, 10:29 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Verrine - September 14, 2014, 11:58 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Charon - September 15, 2014, 10:03 AM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Signe - September 15, 2014, 02:35 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Julooke - September 17, 2014, 09:42 AM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Kevlyn - September 21, 2014, 02:03 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Levi - September 21, 2014, 04:30 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Charon - September 25, 2014, 02:32 AM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Verrine - October 06, 2014, 11:46 PM