Blacktail Deer Plateau night of the wilds
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ragnar's brow furrowed in contemplation as Peregrine confirmed what Gunnar had told him as truth, causing a deep 'hmm' to rumble in the strong column of Ragnar's throat for a few seconds, scarred and unmarred ears slicking back to rest at half mast atop his skull. Ragnar wasn't one to knock religions, especially given his resolute and unwavering dedication to his own in which he would probably fall into Peregrine's religious zealots category but from what Gunnar had told him — something about women are superior and men are inferior that made him weary. And in truth it didn't sound like Junior at all since she was pretty tom-boyish. Or at least, that was Ragnar's impression of her but in reality what did he know? Nothing but his own opinions. Ragnar didn't voice that he'd be pretty pissed if one of his mates tried to interfere by telling him to let his baby girl go with a religious bunch of hyped up she-wolves who thought that they were superior over not just men but likely everyone else if his dealings with Quetzalcoatl was of any indication; given that it was his only experience with any female who considered herself superior over men it was all he had to go off of. However, Ragnar understood that Junior had put Peregrine between a rock and a hard place. She was old enough to make her own decisions but there was always the worry of 'what if she made the wrong one'? The parental instinct that they knew what was best (even if it wasn't true). While their job as parents never really subsided there came a time when they had to cut them loose and let them do things their own way, and make their own mistakes.

I cannot say for certain that the pack Junior ran off with is similar to the pack that I knew up North but from what Gunnar had told me they sound pretty similar, And that was what concerned Ragnar. The Queen of the Amazon Pack I had dealings with, Quetzalcoatl, Her name, even still, felt strange on his tongue, lilting at the wrong places with his accent. She and her women thought that they were the superior to everyone, but especially over men. Men were nothing more than slaves and breeding tools to them. I'm all for women and men having equal amounts of power but there comes a time when it is exaggerated too much both ways. Likely, it wasn't what Peregrine wanted to hear but Ragnar wasn't going to lie or sugar coat anything. Gunnar had said as much to Ragnar which was why he believed concretely, even with second hand information, that Coatl's Rise and this new spawning women pack were extremely similar.

I do not want Junior to be brainwashed like that, Of course, it wasn't his say and there was nothing he could do, but wouldn't that eventually mean that she would think that Ragnar, Peregrine, Gunnar, Eirikr, and her male siblings — any males she had ever came into contact with — were beneath her? And if she didn't then it meant she couldn't fully commit herself to their ways? Ragnar didn't know but he couldn't say that he had ever seen this coming. Do you know what made her make this decision? He asked out of concern for her more than to pry in Peregrine's personal life. Such things typically did not interest Ragnar, and he only asked because it concerned Junior.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN
Messages In This Thread
night of the wilds - by Ragnar - September 15, 2014, 12:07 PM
RE: night of the wilds - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 15, 2014, 12:26 PM
RE: night of the wilds - by Ragnar - September 16, 2014, 07:05 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 16, 2014, 08:01 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Ragnar - September 17, 2014, 08:21 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 17, 2014, 09:21 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Ragnar - September 18, 2014, 08:36 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 23, 2014, 11:45 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Ragnar - September 27, 2014, 06:57 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 28, 2014, 03:47 PM