Blacktail Deer Plateau night of the wilds
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Congrats on reaching (over) 1,000 posts, by the way! :D

No...it isn't bad. There are worse out there, Even so, Ragnar wasn't so sure that it was necessarily the best thing but then again, in truth, he had no right nor room to talk. Sounds like Gunnar, Ragnar remarked in a quiet, contemplative voice. Out of all of his children it seemed that Gunnar had the hardest time coping with Nerian as his second wife. Not that I divorced Thistle because I haven't...it's uh complicated I suppose. To Ragnar it was pretty simple but he hadn't came here to talk about himself, he only brought up Gunnar so that he could sympathize with Peregrine about it. He understood what it was like to have a child who did not like to accept change, though luckily, Eirikr and Gyda didn't seem to be bothered either way about the new addition(s) to their family, and at least Gunnar was willing to work with Ragnar on it — though in reality the boy had no choice because he was far too young to decide he wanted to leave.

As much as it causes us worry? Ragnar inquired, wondering idly for a brief moment if it was strange for Peregrine to think that Ragnar, too loved and worried about his daughter as if Junior were one of Ragnar's own. Junior had been easy to love and Ragnar admired his foster daughter's fierce and independent personality greatly. Nothing, really. I learned with my elder sons Týrr and Bragi that you just have to let them do what they want, you have to let them make their own mistakes. It's hard, Odinn knows parenting isn't simple. If it was simple than everyone would do it. Though Ragnar wasn't so sure that he should have ever been allowed to have kids.

I'm glad to hear it, Packs could sometimes be fickle things, as in the case with Wheeling Gull Isle, but the Plateau was one of the oldest packs in the Wilds, besides the Bay (if we're counting it's original founding as Horizon Ridge which Tokio does). Despite that Ragnar didn't believe in alliances he considered the Plateau something of an ally pack in unofficial terms if only because he, himself, was on good terms with Peregrine and Blue Willow. Both circumstances of which had been unintentional but not unwelcoming to the Vikings. Ragnar understood that packs would come and go but it was good to have one or two stable, and elder packs. Packs with roots. If that would ever come to pass I want you to know that she would be welcome in the Bay and that I would see to it that she was taken care of, But Peregrine already knew that Ragnar would take care of Junior, as he had done it before. But that may never happen. She might find her calling with these female wolves. As long as she was safe and happy, Ragnar supposed, that was all that mattered.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN
Messages In This Thread
night of the wilds - by Ragnar - September 15, 2014, 12:07 PM
RE: night of the wilds - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 15, 2014, 12:26 PM
RE: night of the wilds - by Ragnar - September 16, 2014, 07:05 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 16, 2014, 08:01 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Ragnar - September 17, 2014, 08:21 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 17, 2014, 09:21 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Ragnar - September 18, 2014, 08:36 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 23, 2014, 11:45 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Ragnar - September 27, 2014, 06:57 AM
RE: night of the wilds - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 28, 2014, 03:47 PM