Blacktail Deer Plateau When the world turns ugly I just turn and look at you
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It sounded a liberating childhood, being able to make one's own decisions like that. To hear all sides objectively... he would have liked that a lot. His had been much more biased, but a pack built on a single credo didn't offer much flexibility in philosophy.

Dante personally didn't see much besides the stories in his own heritage to be proud of, so Osprey's father must not have been from the same background as he despite their similar tales. "Sounds like some good parenting," he said with a smile.

Perhaps he had been... what had Blue Willow called it? Greek? That was it. Apparently the tales were similar, though he would not profess to know. "Very wicked." He laughed. "Honestly I don't think my first reaction to a headache would be to have my brother split my head open, though I guess I've never had a Jupiter-style migraine." The tale was ridiculous to say the least. "Ah well, if they were all believable, then they would hardly be stories and that much less interesting." Sometimes stories that were true to life were good, but many times the entire point of a good tale was to leave reality behind for the moment.

He looked back up, then chuckled in a mildly embarassed fashion. "That's about the extent of my knowledge. I know enough to navigate by night, but no more. Sadly the talents of the naturalist were lost upon my birth pack." Possibly the only thing more useless than a healer. He'd had no clue what they or counselors were when he arrived here, having never heard a word about the two.

He was curious about something, but made sure to make it clear that she had complete rights to withhold if she so chose. "You are recently come back, correct? If I may ask, what caused you to leave the Plateau?" It seemed an odd move, especially since it seemed all of her family remained here. Wanderlust, or something more? "You can tell me to keep my nose out of it, of course. I won't be offended."
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
Messages In This Thread
RE: When the world turns ugly I just turn and look at you - by Dante RIP - September 18, 2014, 10:12 PM