Duskfire Glacier Remember when, I was young and so were you
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
S'all good!

Meerkats voice called to him from behind, Rye stopped in his tracks and turned to face the yearling. He attempted a smile, it was lopsided and tight but he held it for a few moments anyway. The scout asked him about her mother and his friendship status, Rye took a beat to ponder that same question before relenting with an affirming head nod. He wasn't entierly sure anymore. Then Meerkat quickly moved on, Rye was reluctant to say, great shame encompassed him. How could he let his family slip from his grasp? His heart pulsed and squeezed with Meerkats last question. His eyes averted, head hung low, she could help, he just needed to put his pride aside.
"They're—" He started shakily, building the courage to admit his failure. "Missing. They went for a trip and were supposed to return a week ago. I screwed up and didn't go with them. I thought they'd be okay, I didn't think it would turn out like this." His voice was as coarse as sand but Rye was thankful for it as it helped hide the anguish in his voice.  
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 01, 2021, 12:48 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 01, 2021, 01:01 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 01, 2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 01, 2021, 02:26 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 02, 2021, 09:21 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 02, 2021, 10:34 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Rye - November 11, 2021, 05:37 PM
RE: Remember when, I was young and so were you - by Meerkat - November 11, 2021, 07:29 PM