Duskfire Glacier I just love a good mystery, don't you?
32 Posts
Ooc —
Tell me more of these tales. 

This is what Lane wanted and Askari hadn't much choice other than to oblige. 

Carefully, the little red canine fell over her own rump, tail swishing a few times against the ground. Having a sit-down conversation with an Alpha wasn't exactly how she expected to start her day. Then again, there was a first time for everything.

Now, where to begin...

Well... most aren't as enthusiastic when a newcomer treads within the waters they guard. An alpha's duty is protect both their land and their people. Each time a stranger wanders near, they must be warned as to whom the territory belongs. In some tales, he or she who leads acts with aggression, immediately warding off those who aren't welcome. In others, they are more stern and cautious. Sure, they may strike conversation, but they certainly don't wag their tales and chip their tunes like someone of youth. How would an outsider take them seriously? They would not see a threat and a warning... only a weakness.

There was much content as she spoke. Clearly, she knew what she was saying. Maybe she was calling this particular alpha out, but it was meant to be beneficial in some way. Lane was new to her task. Askari understood this quite well. Never before had she been an alpha herself, but it was like a sixth sense.

You say you are still growing into the ways of leadership. This is normal. Most of it is just following instinct.. while the rest is holding a close bond with those of your pack. An alpha is nothing without those whom follow. Without them, there really is no pack at all. Do you have a close relationship with your pack mates, Lane?

The more she spoke, the less tense she became. Now with the question hanging over head, curiosity took over, crown tilting a bit to the side in wonder.
Messages In This Thread
I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 07, 2021, 12:02 AM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 07, 2021, 11:41 AM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 08, 2021, 02:32 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 08, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 08, 2021, 04:28 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 08, 2021, 09:09 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 08, 2021, 09:51 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Veteran - November 09, 2021, 10:50 AM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 09, 2021, 11:15 AM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 09, 2021, 11:47 AM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Veteran - November 09, 2021, 01:26 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 09, 2021, 01:38 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 09, 2021, 01:52 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Veteran - November 09, 2021, 05:50 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 09, 2021, 06:06 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 09, 2021, 08:31 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Veteran - November 13, 2021, 04:10 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 13, 2021, 04:35 PM