Duskfire Glacier die with memories, not dreams
32 Posts
Ooc —
They were more alike than she thought, the two of them. Lane had been led in a way that she was not too fond of it, but yet, she still managed to come out as what she envisioned, rather another's plan for herself. Perhaps Askari could lead the same, or even similar of a life.

Maybe it wasn't right of him... nonetheless, it's what parents do. Isn't it? They ensure that their offspring are prepared to succeed in the world. Some just have a more dire heart to do so than others. As unfortunate as my childhood was, I am still grateful for my family and all that they taught me. I wouldn't be as strong as I am this very day without them.

While there were many things she disliked, it wasn't possible for her to place complete disdain upon her father. He was there for her when she had none else, even if she did disagree with his ways. With his faults came her triumphs and ideas to create a different and better way. Lane understood this. Such was made clear with the question of what it is she would do different if given the opportunity. 

Packs were designed to display different ranks and responsibilities, though, some have different definitions. My father thought solely of superiority and inferiority. Equality wasn't a word he understood. There were those who led and those who follow. However, who would leaders be leading without others to follow behind and take part? One wolf cannot do all alone. It takes many to complete a circuit and keep a continual flow. Take a hunter, for example. There are many segments that go into experiencing a successful hunt. There are parts to be filled in the act. As a leader, it would be my duty not just to lead my people, but act alongside them. I can give the final say, but simply standing to the side while they do all of the work? Many would do just that. Not me. 

By now, she was enjoying herself. Being able to vocally express the difference she dreamt of making was something she'd wanted to do for so long now. With the chance standing in front of her, nothing would be held back.

Leaders do not know all. Various generations hold knowledge that others do not. Teachers come in all forms, sizes, and ages. Something as simple as creativity can solve an issue that years of life cannot. Absorbing and understanding the value of what others have to offer brings more warmth to the heart than being able to give it all away yourself. Discipline and punishments are even though too highly off. There are those who say it teaches, but does it really? What does hurting another teach? It teaches them to fear. Instead, we should be instructing them of a way that is more beneficial than the way they did it themselves...

There was much more she could think to add on to the list. Though, Askari minded how much patience and willingness to listen her company would have. Short and simple was the best way. If more was sought, she would give.

And lastly... instinct and gut is key. There are many I know that have pushed it aside. "By the book is the way" they say. But is it? We are given instinct upon birth for a reason. Shouldn't we use it? We, as living creatures, can decide what we feel is right within our hearts. Sometimes right and wrong can only be depicted by ourselves.. not others who claim to know more of the world than we. "Listen to your heart and you will go far." That was something my mother told me quite often as a child. It pains me to say I haven't always done so, but it is my hope for the future that now I can. None are here to instruct me against it. Without those to hold me down, I am free to hear what is spoken within.

Much was said now. Hopefully it wasn't too much to hear. This made Askari almost nervous, but her face showed nothing less than content as a gaze passed over Lane. A smile even came. The most honest and heartfelt words came from her now and it made her happier than she could admit from any other time within her life.
Messages In This Thread
die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 16, 2021, 11:12 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 17, 2021, 03:47 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 17, 2021, 04:07 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 17, 2021, 04:37 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 17, 2021, 04:54 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 19, 2021, 09:05 AM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 19, 2021, 01:17 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 20, 2021, 10:47 AM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 22, 2021, 12:05 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Lane - November 22, 2021, 05:39 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Askari - November 22, 2021, 10:45 PM