Ouroboros Spine i will breathe you in the smoke
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
While he heard her musing, he seemed to pay little mind to it. He wasn't sure if knocking them down a peg was really the right thing to do, but then again he wasn't entirely sure what he would have done in her position. He knew that he would have probably gone about things in a much different way, that much was for sure. Despite their familiar connection, she was much more hotter under the collar than he had ever found himself. Her tension only added to the uncomfortable feelings that he had himself, but he wouldn't act on it. No, for as much as he wanted out of the politics of it all he found himself sitting squarely in the middle of a smoldering feud.

But did either Beta seem fit to lead? Mordecai too, had his doubts, but they were based from his prior interactions. Lecter had deemed them fit and he had supported Lecter's decision. He had come through on his end of the bargain. But in light of their turmoil, he couldn't have said that he had seen much of either party, from Ptarmigan to Cara do much about the state of their declining pack. After that lengthy deliberation, he answered her. “I would say yes, but perhaps not where they are.” The two supported each other, were always together… it wasn't hard for him to glean that they probably had ulterior motives as well. They certainly weren't about to bow for Ptarmigan, either way. Especially since Cara had really only given up the title and not the proverbial crown she saw fit to sit atop her head.

“Why did you not found a pack of your own, Ptarmigan? Our lineage comes from natural leaders, but… you seem to have your problems with leading.” His eyes roamed over her, but he did not fear any rebuke she had stored for him. It would come if it were supposed to, but he hoped her anger would not get the better of his observations. “Not that I'm saying neither you or they would make terrible leaders. But to be honest, what we need right now is unity, or the bitterness I find in you, and them, will tear this pack apart even more.” Jinx certainly had her harshness about her too and had made decisions that hadn't always been agreed with. But she had a certain amount of compassion that had kept them together, and Mordecai had rarely seen the flash of teeth in the way that he did now.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 10, 2014, 12:10 AM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 17, 2014, 02:08 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 18, 2014, 12:14 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 21, 2014, 03:20 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 21, 2014, 06:48 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 21, 2014, 07:52 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 21, 2014, 08:24 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 21, 2014, 08:35 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 21, 2014, 08:45 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 21, 2014, 09:08 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 21, 2014, 09:19 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 21, 2014, 09:45 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 21, 2014, 10:16 PM