on stranger grounds
qυι¢к αѕ α ѕтяєαм, ∂єєρ αѕ α яινєя
19 Posts
Ooc — Huntfire
[size=xx-small]This might be somewhat long. XD[/size]
[size=small]The male lowered his nape and closed his eyes tightly, a wave of joy and relief washing through his frame in soft droplets of heat...like the feeling of a sleeping limb after a long rest in one position. Her next words took him by surprise and he wondered for a heatbeat what his element truly was.

I may be Riverborn. I am loyal and prefer words over teeth. I grew up along the riverside and I have lived off fish most of my life. His cranium averted to the skies, expecting and searching for a sign. He saw none, no cloud in sight to burst into precipitation. Maybe I'm a Windborn, then. I wandered here on my own. He closed his twin pools, waiting for a gust of wind. The air was still. I don't want to be a wanderer, though.

Growing a little concerned, his gaze fell absentmindedly on Hawkeye's black, raven-like canvas. She was a Fireborn. She's also an Alpha. A leader must be attunded to their senses and be dominant by nature. I am neither, put beside her.

The last available placement would be none other than Earthborn. He chuckled. Sure am stubborn. Might as well be-

At that moment, a stricking ray of light poured down on him from above. Darkness crept from the horizon's bounds and blotted the sky and Oracle's claws gripped the ground frantically. His eyes sealed and Earth itself seemed to growl with rage. A harsh hissing noise came from behind the large burgundy wolf and he flipped around, senses sharped and alert. He was no longer in Hawkeye's company, but in a scentless place that was a darker version of the plateau. The ground crumbled away from his paws and he floated in place, his mind a whirlwind of exhiliration, fear and adrenaline. Shock coursed through his veins at the same time, paralyzing the male midair. Still, the only visible thing was the ray shining on his back. His breath came hoarse and quick. He let out an inaudible whimper. The beam of sunlight suddenly intensified, becoming warm, then unpleasant, then searing. A low whimper of agony escaped his lips and his entire coat burst into flames. The feeling of being burnt alive sent the wolf into a frenzied dash into oblivion, searching in vain for relief. His body finally gave out and he began to fall, still concious, struggling to regain control of himself and douse the fire melting his frame. Ice formed from a distance below as his body rushed closer and closer. His eyes grew wide and he tensed in apprehension to collide with the expanse.

A bound away from touching icy bottom, a flash of white fur grazed beneath him and carried him up in its snowy paws. Beautiful wings sprouted from the figure's frame and a burning shell nestled on its back. He lifted his head with great effort to look into a face that belonged to a wolf. The wolf's facial features had dazzling markings of red. The wolf was at least four times as big as his own. But the most striking thing about it was its eyes. He stared into them for a flicker of a moment and saw his own icy blue oracles reflected back. The pain of the fire had ceased as soon as the giant candid had scooped him up in its massive arms. The wolf breathed into his face, a steady stream of blue fire comfortably soaking into his fur to repair the damage of the previous flames. As the last smoldering piece of fur was engulfed by the aqua remedic fire, Oracle was pushed back into reality and stood once more before Hawkeye.

"Fireborn." he breathed and nodded his head once. He knew it well and would not question it further. The strange wolf savior's blue flames still sent shivers down his spine as he waited for his new Alpha's response.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
on stranger grounds - by Oracle - November 26, 2013, 08:13 PM
RE: on stranger grounds - by Hawkeye - November 27, 2013, 10:04 AM
RE: on stranger grounds - by Oracle - November 27, 2013, 10:39 AM
RE: on stranger grounds - by Hawkeye - November 27, 2013, 10:50 AM
RE: on stranger grounds - by Oracle - November 29, 2013, 07:58 PM
RE: on stranger grounds - by Hawkeye - November 29, 2013, 08:14 PM
RE: on stranger grounds - by Oracle - November 30, 2013, 02:12 PM
RE: on stranger grounds - by Hawkeye - November 30, 2013, 07:46 PM
RE: on stranger grounds - by Oracle - December 01, 2013, 06:07 PM
RE: on stranger grounds - by Hawkeye - December 02, 2013, 10:55 AM