Duck Lake follow that star and on toward the morning
<i></i>
199 Posts
Ooc —
Tagging: @Ira :)

I power-played him a little bit. I hope that's cool!

Physically speaking, Bones felt much better these days, though it would take a few more weeks for the rawboned yearling to reach a healthy weight. And she would always bear the scars of her captivity. But perhaps one day she could stand to be touched there again and maybe she wasn't too badly damaged to bear children someday after all. As she'd healed, she had become more optimistic about these things. Having Ira by her side certainly helped. And no matter how they (or, rather, she) labeled their relationship, they were definitely more than friends; they always had been and always would be.

All was not perfect in the young marauder's life, though. She felt out of place and it was a feeling she just couldn't shake; it grew by day. She hadn't seen Bazi since shortly after arriving and had heard a rumor that she'd even stepped down. And though she'd enjoyed meeting the likes of Dovev, Kaskara and Kieran, they weren't the familiar faces from her past. They weren't Ferdie or Jace, Tuwawi or Njal. Haunter, Jinx and Lecter were long dead. She yearned for the creek she'd been forced to leave behind that fateful spring night. But it didn't exist anymore, at least anywhere but in her fondest memories.

And if she'd thought of trying to go live with her dad, it wasn't a possibility anymore after that wretched visit. In the days since, Bones had really grown to resent her former Alpha female. Just like the creek had changed, Fox was not the wolf Bones remembered. The yearling felt bad for the way she'd reacted to her former leader's greeting. But the unnecessarily nasty way Fox had treated Ira bred bitterness in Bones. There was no possibility of living with her relatives on the plateau. She and Ira were a package deal these days, after all.

Speak of the devil, Bones thought as she rounded the creek's borders and spotted a familiar white figure standing in the distance, presumably on the shore of Duck Lake. Without hesitation, she began to trot to join him, her alabaster paws beating a soft cadence on the leaf-littered loam underfoot. She reached him in just a few minutes and slid alongside him, greeting him with a friendly nuzzle.

"Ahoy, blaggard. I'm glad I ran into ye. I was just thinkin' about me future," Bones said, pastel eyes twinkling before she amended, "Our future."
Messages In This Thread
follow that star and on toward the morning - by Bones - September 24, 2014, 01:51 PM
RE: our future days - by Ira Nox - September 25, 2014, 07:52 AM
RE: our future days - by Bones - September 25, 2014, 08:21 AM
RE: follow that star and on toward the morning - by Bones - October 02, 2014, 10:55 AM
RE: follow that star and on toward the morning - by Bones - October 04, 2014, 04:20 PM
RE: follow that star and on toward the morning - by Bones - October 14, 2014, 07:57 PM