Dragoncrest Cliffs try to catch my breath as i gain my composure
there's too much left to taste that's bitter.
102 Posts
Ooc —
loko kept an ear turned to meerkat, a swell of pride in his chest to be reminded of he and da downing the stag. it had been a tremendous achievement, and it bolstered his spirits throughout the procession.

the boy was not yet so in touch with his feelings to acutely describe how the extravaganza had captured him: aware of his masculinity and the default, rigid role it employed, loko did not speak as he wished. the petals and decorations all wilted in comparison to meerkat that day, who shone brighter than any glittering wave loko had ever seen.

revealing she wished to get to know him better, loko's gaze met hers briefly. he too felt guilt, but for a different reason: when meerkat first came to the sound he felt as if his place in it was being threatened. day by day, he realized she only lifted his claim to dragoncrest -- for she was family. and she carried his siblings within her.

does it hurt? he asked suddenly, having been called attention to her current state and how physical feats were beyond her abilities now.
All of Sapphique is welcome to PP Loko for cohesion/continuity. Just tag for reference.
Messages In This Thread
RE: try to catch my breath as i gain my composure - by Loko - April 14, 2022, 06:38 PM