Blacktail Deer Plateau lxii. i'm just a shell of who i was before
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
"I think so too," Lótë smiled, a small secret smile of great joy. She had not expected to find a family and home with the northern women when she was first found wandering the moonlit glacier by @Sialuk -- nor to find herself. She'd only hoped to help them, having experienced quite a bit of loss in her young life as well. But it seemed the spirits had led her to Moonglow for a reason; something for which the cloudberry would be eternally grateful. 

At last, they located the herd, which was quite plentiful. It seemed it had been some time since they had been hunted regularly which boded well for second wife and her village. They would be less wary, some of the younger deer may not have been hunted in the past. And they would be able to cull the group's population for some time before they would need to source other prey. 

"Aya," the wood-woman murmured softly, though she did not bother to lower herself or hide. Two wolves wouldn't prove much threat to the large herd, though they might make any elders or injured blacktails nervous. "You see how they graze when relaxed?" Lótë pointed out. "They take a few paces before dipping to eat. And they will occasionally swing their antlers, the males anyhow, to keep the insects from pestering them. It is repetitive, almost timed -- a dance of deer." 
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
lxii. i'm just a shell of who i was before - by Lótë - February 19, 2022, 11:51 AM
RE: lxii. i'm just a shell of who i was before - by Lótë - May 05, 2022, 08:29 PM