The Heartwood Why does thou sit upon my grave
'' may the odds be ever in your favor ''
48 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

The bold words below are meant to mark her "hints" as to the titles and ranks of the pack's hierarchy

Oh, the sweet sensation of his behavioral response. All males had a sense of masculinity, this was known. But was there ever a time it was too much? There always was ... but did they show it? Hell no.

Smile fading into a small scowl, the faint glow disappeared, eyes narrowing heavily, scornfully. 

Though small, the woman moved rather quickly, seemingly slithering closer until she was parallel to his flank. She stood there for a long moment, silent, while hot breath fumed from her flared nostrils. From his shoulder, then his cheek, and finally to his ear, the creature searched for a target. If man would not give up the flames that ignites their dominant nature, then it would simply put out by a willing force. Shortly after the decision had been made, she reared upon her hind legs and targeted her jaws towards the man's ear, hoping to either leave a mark or tear the cartilage entirely. Either would do, so long as she made her point.

Point made.

Then on to business. "Who are you?" He'd asked. A fool, or so she'd now made of him. How is it that she could recognize him, but he did not reciprocate? If light hearted, perhaps she would have been offended.

There is great sorrow and disappointment I carry, for you do not remember my face. But unfortunately, familiarity holds no importance for your future ... our future.

The woman stopped ever so now and then, teeth snapping at each paw and quarter to be sure the hound was paying attention. 

Your soul, your spirit- it has been split, broken, condemned; you are damaged by means of no repair ... however, you can make use of what you have become. Before you lies the heartwood. Here, you will build your nest to give life to what will soon be yours. You will become the master of the damned, lord of the forsaken, guiding those who cannot even begin to fathom the realities they walk with. This world has not accepted you for who you are, nor who you can become..- and they never will.

Now she circled to his front, staring crudely towards his mottled face. You will be something great. All you must do is believe it and listen. Listen to those who are here to provide the steps you need to find and secure your brighter future.

She'd told him what he needed to know. But now she needed to know whether he had been listening and would continue to. For if not, this would have all been a waste.

I owe the world nothing,
the world owes nothing to me;
thus, we are as even as we ever shall be.
Messages In This Thread
Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Khasni - July 14, 2022, 12:41 AM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Alduin - July 14, 2022, 02:40 PM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Khasni - July 14, 2022, 10:33 PM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Alduin - July 15, 2022, 01:40 PM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Khasni - July 16, 2022, 12:09 AM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Alduin - July 20, 2022, 04:22 AM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Khasni - July 20, 2022, 10:17 PM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Alduin - July 26, 2022, 05:55 PM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Khasni - July 27, 2022, 01:22 PM