The Heartwood Why does thou sit upon my grave
'' may the odds be ever in your favor ''
48 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

As to prevent too long of a post and to be sure I do not prolong any wait to get this reply out, I will be focusing the response towards the last half of Alduin's.

"A bright future?"

"I am sick and I will die sick."

"But my suffering is only temporary. Or so I’m told, but I believe it to be immortal."

This man had indeed been condemned and broken; lies in which have been told by a single evil soul, or more. She knew not how to appease him, and so she would let the elders speak through her.

But you are wrong, damned one. Your suffering is at the hand of another. Someone has poisoned you; corrupted you. There will be no such thing as immortality for your physical being. But, with my help, your spirit will live on to eternity. You have been given a second chance to make use of what time you have left to live. None can say how long it will last, but you can improve your chances. Whatever dark spirit haunts you... force them away. They will only lead you to your death.

His future would indeed be bright, but only if he allowed it to happen.

"Tell me, witch. Is that why you’re here? To brighten a forsaken man’s future?"

"And tell me, witch," ... "from where do I know you? Or are you exclusive to my dreams?"

The babbling... the constant, useless questions — they were driving her patience to its bitter end. Why could he not just simply accept it? It wasn't a difficult thing to do. And yet, he was as stubborn as stubborn could be.

I am here as the elders have bid. My gifts are not meant for the use of all; but only they are meant for one. As if it would be difficult to assume who would the recipient. Wake yourself, Khasni snapped, yet again looming to nip at any angle of the man she could reach. I am as real as any eye could ponder. You are no stranger to me, as I am not to you. Think. Snapping teeth commanded that he do so, pearls targeting tufts of fur to prove that this was all real. Think! Louder now, she spoke. Her voice boomed, quaking the grounds beneath their feet. Slowly, the woman began to circle him, eyes never leaving the frame before her. Take my image and run it through your past. Only you can find the truth. Figure it out, for I cannot tell you. They would not allow it, but how would be believe this if she told him? So she would give no reason.

I owe the world nothing,
the world owes nothing to me;
thus, we are as even as we ever shall be.
Messages In This Thread
Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Khasni - July 14, 2022, 12:41 AM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Alduin - July 14, 2022, 02:40 PM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Khasni - July 14, 2022, 10:33 PM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Alduin - July 15, 2022, 01:40 PM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Khasni - July 16, 2022, 12:09 AM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Alduin - July 20, 2022, 04:22 AM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Khasni - July 20, 2022, 10:17 PM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Alduin - July 26, 2022, 05:55 PM
RE: Why does thou sit upon my grave - by Khasni - July 27, 2022, 01:22 PM