Stavanger Bay Peek-a-boo, I see you
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Sorry for holding you guys up so long. I'll try to be faster with my replies from here on! <3

He loved the way his children responded to him already. As blind, deaf newborns, they had learned his scent and been comforted by his presence, but now that they could see him, it was different. They looked at their father, recognized him, and responded…and it was so rewarding and heartwarming for him that he truly could not find the right words to describe the feeling. He loved Julooke, of course, and he loved his brothers and sisters and his parents, but this…this was a whole different kind of love. It transcended anything he had ever known before. Looking into their tiny, hopeful faces (or, in Kevlyn's case, it was a tiny, frowning, crying face), he saw pint-sized extensions of himself. He saw his hopes and dreams embodied, the future of his family and his bloodline. He saw tiny people that he had made. How could that evoke anything but the most profoundly incredible kinds of love?

He pulled himself into the snug entrance of the den, carefully stepping around the boys tussling on the floor. Kevlyn had started up his crying again, and a glance showed him splayed out on the floor near Charon. He smiled, figuring it was another botched attack, and kissed the top of the child's head in an effort to comfort him. Rising from where she lay near the back of the den -- taking care not to wake the two puppies who slept beside her -- Julooke gave Verrine a grateful look and exited the den to stretch her legs and take a break from childcare for a bit. Content to take up her post for a while, Verrine stretched out where she'd been laying, pulling Liyaní and Levi closer to him so as to keep them warm, and watched Kevlyn and Charon with amusement on his face.
<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>
Messages In This Thread
Peek-a-boo, I see you - by Charon - September 24, 2014, 08:47 AM
RE: Peek-a-boo, I see you - by Kevlyn - September 28, 2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Peek-a-boo, I see you - by Verrine - September 28, 2014, 11:03 AM
RE: Peek-a-boo, I see you - by Charon - September 29, 2014, 05:07 AM
RE: Peek-a-boo, I see you - by Kevlyn - September 29, 2014, 05:07 PM
RE: Peek-a-boo, I see you - by Verrine - October 06, 2014, 11:35 PM
RE: Peek-a-boo, I see you - by Charon - October 07, 2014, 03:20 AM
RE: Peek-a-boo, I see you - by Kevlyn - October 07, 2014, 08:20 PM
RE: Peek-a-boo, I see you - by Charon - October 18, 2014, 05:53 AM
RE: Peek-a-boo, I see you - by Kevlyn - October 19, 2014, 09:34 AM