Stavanger Bay It was a privilege, wasn't it?
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
He watched them with wonder, still completely awed and baffled at this sudden, exciting change in his and Julooke's lives. They were all so healthy and soft and lively, he could hardly believe how lucky and blessed he was. He'd heard horror stories of she-wolves losing their entire first litters, or having a bunch of stillborns or stunted pups. But these four…they could not possibly have been more beautiful and perfect.

He was glad when Levi latched onto Julooke's side and began to suckle again, wanting all of his children to eat and grow up strong. Kevlyn fussed and squalled, of course, and Verrine watched the darkest pup -- his precious and only daughter, Liyaní -- fumble blindly toward him on weak, wobbly legs. Her journey came to an abrupt halt when she bumped into her dad's forepaws and eagerly took to gnawing on his toes with her bare, tender gums. Soon there would be needle-sharp teeth in that mouth, and this playful chewing would make Dad grit his teeth and grumble. Charon soon bumped into Verrine's forepaws, just like his sister had, and plopped down on his pudgy little rear. Verrine grinned, gently touching Charon's cheek with his nose, and continued to watch Kevlyn.
<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>
Messages In This Thread
It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Kevlyn - September 14, 2014, 09:04 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Levi - September 14, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Kevlyn - September 14, 2014, 10:29 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Verrine - September 14, 2014, 11:58 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Charon - September 15, 2014, 10:03 AM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Signe - September 15, 2014, 02:35 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Julooke - September 17, 2014, 09:42 AM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Kevlyn - September 21, 2014, 02:03 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Levi - September 21, 2014, 04:30 PM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Charon - September 25, 2014, 02:32 AM
RE: It was a privilege, wasn't it? - by Verrine - October 06, 2014, 11:46 PM