Greatwater Lake i've had a famous man on his fire escape
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
She wanted a story? The savagely beautiful wraith desired a tale? He would tell a tale, and a good little children's tale, indeed.
Slade looked into the filthy water, and dipped a dark paw into it, swirling the liquid, and distorting the image of the two lupines who stood at its edge.

"Once, there was peace. Tranquility. Happiness..all was perfect. There was a King, and a Queen, and they ruled a kingdom of prosperity. Their people flourished."

His voice lowered a bit, bringing with it a small chip of confusion, his face furrowing to take the part.

"The Queen...she was not satisfied with herself. Her husband. Her life. And the King did not notice any, for he had been so busy ensuring the safety of their lands, their people, their lives. So using the naïvity of her tristing love, she snuck. Conived. Plotted. Vanished. She was gone. But the Queen was a smart woman. Oh, she was very intelligent. She returned. Day time, she was there, right by the Kings side, but when nightime fell, and the King went to do his duty, ensuring his patrolmen were aligned, his archers were forever ready, he ran drills, over and over again. "

The dark man swirled his paw faster into the water, forming a small whirlpool on the surface.

"The king, one day, heard two peasants chatting. They were having a soft conversation about a hard topic. A topic that got them in a bit of trouble with the king. "

Leaning into the water, his face barely a millimeter from the ever swirling whirl.

"They talked about the queen cheating on her husband with his own brother."

Slade struck the water , ending the whirlpool.

"And the next morning, they got their throats shredded for treason. But the rumour didn't end there, ...no, no, they spread. All across the kingdom, it spread."

The dark king shook his paw, looking dead at Caiaphas.

"The king heard all of them, the rumors. So many were killed, over and over again. But the Queen didnt mind. She was one who was concerned over herself, than others. It was a sad time, cold, bloody. So very bloody.
But then the Queen slipped up. Her guard had been breached, her plans gone wrong.
She got pregnate.
And, in hopes that the king would spare her and the children, along with the father, she told him. But, oh, so wrong was the queen,...very wrong indeed. After she had revealed the name of the childrens father, the husband killed her, right then and there. And she died a horribly agonizing death, poor girl. Only then, after the Queen stop breathing, did the insane king go after the childrens father...his own brother."

Slade took up to swishing his thick glimmering tail, swaying it back and forth, like that of a pendulum.

"His brother tried to hide, only to be flushed out. He tried to lie, only to have his tongue ripped out. He tried to plead, only to bleed. But the one thing that he tried his most to hold onto, was his life...and with no hesitation, the king took that from him, as well."

Slade stood, and flicked a tiny fly off of his left ear.

"That king left his half populated kingdom, looking for the sanity that he lost, all those years ago."
Messages In This Thread
i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 07, 2014, 07:57 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Slade - October 07, 2014, 08:13 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 07, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Slade - October 07, 2014, 08:33 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 07, 2014, 08:41 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Slade - October 07, 2014, 08:50 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 07, 2014, 08:58 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Slade - October 07, 2014, 09:56 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 09, 2014, 08:12 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Slade - October 09, 2014, 08:19 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 09, 2014, 08:26 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Slade - October 09, 2014, 08:43 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 09, 2014, 08:52 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Slade - October 09, 2014, 09:08 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 12, 2014, 01:20 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Slade - October 12, 2014, 01:25 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 12, 2014, 01:34 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Slade - October 12, 2014, 03:45 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 12, 2014, 03:53 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Slade - October 12, 2014, 04:19 PM
RE: i've had a famous man on his fire escape - by Caiaphas - October 14, 2014, 04:01 PM