Lion Head Mesa they're calling for your head and they're calling for your name
15 Posts
Ooc —
Zakariya felt the guilt too. He had rejected the life of a fellahin, retreated into the darkness to escape the path that was meant for him while his sister bore the weight of both of their fates — alone. Solitude was his only companion as Nazli's visits dwindled, but Zakariya had hardly noticed. He was so detached from her, from the realities of her life, that it didn't make much of a difference in the end. He loved her, but it felt at times as if they existed in different worlds entirely.
His fault, as he had known for a long time, and now he knew regret as well. Her familiar footsteps stirred him from the pensive silence he spent most of his days in. It had been so long since she'd visited him. Nazli, He greeted, surprised that his voice came to him so easily. It was rare that he spoke at all. I am not well, no. I am a wretched creature, to have abandoned you for so long! I should have come out to see you, but I... was afraid. Zakariya reached out to touch his nose to her cheek. Tell me how you have been.
Messages In This Thread
RE: they're calling for your head and they're calling for your name - by Zakariya - March 03, 2023, 05:27 PM