lenore
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
No problemo~ I couldn't resist joining this anyway since Ignatius seems interesting!

The deference he received appeased him, but not in the sense of a power hungry creature. He found it humbling, as though there were really something about him that exuded that response. But when it really boiled down to it, he did not expect any of their newer recruiters to challenge his authority. If anything, he expected it from Kaname and Cara, perhaps even Sitri in time. Whether or not they did it openly in front of their small clutch of subordinates was yet to be told, but he hoped not. While there was some tension left to linger in the ever-chilling Spine, it was not something that Mordecai wanted to place over any of those who had joined their ranks. If anything, he sought to put it behind him in the way someone swept something underneath a rug — out of sight, out of mind.

But it was never really out of mind, not truly.

“I'm glad to hear that, though I suppose you haven't really had much time to decide fully.” An amused huff left him and in its place came a slow smile. “It's getting pretty chilly out tonight, though. I hope I didn't interrupt your thoughts.” As if to punctuate his feelings about how cold the night was turning, Mordecai felt the prickle of wind at his haunches. Winter was not far off now, though he wondered when they were really see the first batch of snow to hit the ground. The leaves came off from the branches much more easily than they had and in a way, he found he disliked that their autumn felt so short. And then he reasoned it was because he hadn't had the time to properly survey it as he would have another time; the marred history of the last few weeks lingered deeply in the wood.

The two chatted for a time before Mordecai bade Ignatius farewell.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
lenore - by Ignatius - October 13, 2014, 12:17 PM
RE: lenore - by Mordecai - October 14, 2014, 12:41 PM
RE: lenore - by Ignatius - October 15, 2014, 07:49 AM
RE: lenore - by Mordecai - October 17, 2014, 12:58 AM