Big Salmon Lake Someone Said They Left Together
44 Posts
Ooc — Free
You're all good! This one is only long because of all the words! Also, I'm still working on my writing/posting style here so excuse if it changes a bit overtime!

Omnium ingested her words, but he did not turn to her. Instead, his eyes continued to survey the horizon to the East of them over the lake. It was thought provoking to try and concoct a new plan of action, but he was grateful for the assistance. The brute just wished for lands to live out his days in peace. A place to remain undisturbed by the mundane, repetitive things that others brought. Religion, pack life... It was enough to make him want to pluck the eyes out of others. He was happy to have avoided a long journey that would be a fruitless endeavor in his current heading.

He turned to her as she spoke his name and was brought out of his thoughtful silence. Maverick. Well spoken as he was, it was a word that Omnium did not know. It is not for humor, Etephyr. I did not always travel alone. I have an... estranged sister whom used to journey with me, and I have been on my own for some time now. All those days of lonesome travel have given me time to contemplate what my soul craves. Although I am happy to be a lone vagabond that traipses through various lands, I slowly came to the realization that being alone leaves a part of me unfulfilled.

Omnium's neck ached from the head thrown over his shoulder, so he turned to face the female before him. I am not saying that you fulfill a part of me, as we just met. It would be odd if you were to already nestle into that role after one night, but I believe companionship is what I crave for after these long months. A platonic relationship wherein we can both benefit from another's company. He realized quite quickly that those words could be misconstrued, so he chided himself for his lack of literacy before adding, 

It does not have to be entirely platonic, if you wish. I find you... alluring. Last night was evidence of that, and I can assure you I do not go about romancing women often. Traveling East also gives us something to do, does it not? The brute inquired of her after his genuine words, and there was a lilt of the lingering smooth yet smoky tone as he referenced their midnight dance. The journey to the South had been his purpose, but it shifted to the East. A task that might keep him on his toes and entertained as they explored together. Omnium was excited for the opportunity of another to travel with. Especially someone other than his sister.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you agree to come with me? His large head tilted ever so slightly as he waited for her reply. Maybe she, too, had secrets to keep.
Messages In This Thread
Someone Said They Left Together - by Omnium - May 01, 2023, 02:38 PM
RE: Someone Said They Left Together - by Etephyr - May 01, 2023, 04:06 PM
RE: Someone Said They Left Together - by Omnium - May 01, 2023, 09:02 PM
RE: Someone Said They Left Together - by Etephyr - May 02, 2023, 12:24 PM
RE: Someone Said They Left Together - by Omnium - May 02, 2023, 01:41 PM
RE: Someone Said They Left Together - by Etephyr - May 03, 2023, 12:25 AM
RE: Someone Said They Left Together - by Omnium - May 03, 2023, 01:49 AM
RE: Someone Said They Left Together - by Etephyr - May 03, 2023, 12:24 PM
RE: Someone Said They Left Together - by Omnium - May 03, 2023, 02:58 PM
RE: Someone Said They Left Together - by Etephyr - May 03, 2023, 06:28 PM