the colours that i can't change
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: It's no worry, everyone's busy this time of year!

IC: Though it was a bit of a wait, the tall Kesuk was awarded with the sight of a quintessential Alpha female, a sight that stirred respect in Jinx's heart for her fellow woman of power. Momentarily, she forgot that her pack was no longer Bon Dye, and forgot that she was not at its helm. But then again, hierarchy was relative, and if called into question it could be said that Jinx was Akhlut's second and it would not be far from the truth. They could be sisters in power, if only the Kesuk's musing was as true as she believed it to be. She could not have known Chakra was new to leading... She assumed the mantle of ruler so effortlessly as to appear born into it.

If there was any doubt of Chakra's status, it was waved away when she referred to her forest. Jinx assumed the status of lowly wolf by tucking her tail neatly between her legs, lowering her rump and hunching her shoulders to appear more compact. Her nose tipped upward to point toward Chakra's chin, and her tongue poked appeasingly from her lips even as her body wiggled into comfortable submission and her ears fell toward her head. Greetings, lady of the forest, her display said, I come here humbly and without harmful intent.

But, as always, it was rude to disobey a direct question from a Queen, and so Jinx opened her mouth to speak, spying an opportunity to represent Akhlut (though presently nothing could come of it). "My lady," she said, wearing a thin smile and drenching her voice in more courtesy than she had ever used, "I have come seeking audience with Styx and Katrina, but I can see they have been displaced. A worthy beast has replaced them." Her lips peeled back over the fronts of her teeth in a respectful wolfish grin, the typical pulling back of a submissive wolf accepting the power of another. "I am Jinx Kesuk, representing Horizon Ridge to the northeast. If I may know the name of the one who shall see Neverwinter prosper?"

Some of it was sincere, some of it was pretend, and all of it was dressed in pretty words. Jinx was ever a deceiver, albeit a very good one, and selective about using it, for truth was more easily wielded when deceit was not required... But if she could win Chakra's favour then she could win Akhlut's with her report of Neverwinter's continued peace with Horizon Ridge, and that benefited Jinx more greatly than merely gaining access to her ferns would.
Messages In This Thread
the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - December 20, 2013, 10:12 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - December 24, 2013, 06:32 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - December 25, 2013, 10:41 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 03, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 06, 2014, 04:12 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 10, 2014, 01:32 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 10, 2014, 04:01 PM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 11, 2014, 12:42 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 12, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Chakra - January 21, 2014, 01:56 AM
RE: the colours that i can't change - by Jinx - January 21, 2014, 09:19 AM