Neverwinter Forest Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn?
26 Posts
Ooc — Forest
All Welcome 
The Sequoia Seashell
An abundance of prey is noted in Teekon.

As dusk fell, the small herd took shelter beneath an evergreen canopy. Some found places to lie amongst the undergrowth, protective mothers curled beside tired fawns, while others stood watch for predators like Shemesh. She regarded them with trepidation, feeling silly for tracking the deer all this way in the first place. What was she doing? She didn’t know the first thing about hunting large animals! The biggest prey she’d ever caught was a hare who’d squeezed through a hole in the back fence, and only because it didn’t squeeze back out again fast enough.

She didn’t count the fox; it was already half dead when she found it.

Shemesh paced just out of sight, hidden by bluish shadow. She couldn’t imagine dragging off a fawn without being trampled, but hunger was making her desperate. For all the prey she’d stalked, chased, and cruelly lost to the unfamiliar wilds, she’d barely caught what would fill her bowl back home.

But what other choice did she have? She couldn’t sustain herself on questionably edible forage forever, not when her stomach growled for meat. Shemesh just needed a plan, one she could execute with her own four paws. This is why wolves live in packs, she thought. Maybe…

No. Once Shemesh had food in her stomach, she had to head south again and find her way home. She just didn’t know how.
Messages In This Thread
Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Shemesh - July 06, 2023, 05:09 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Simone - July 06, 2023, 10:25 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Shemesh - July 07, 2023, 01:08 AM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Simone - July 08, 2023, 03:35 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Shemesh - July 11, 2023, 02:49 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Simone - July 20, 2023, 02:18 PM