Neverwinter Forest Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn?
20 Posts
Ooc — Jess
The agouti coydog was not the only one who had taken notice of the deer in the area, and similarly, Simone had chosen to study another, smaller herd for some time, noting the amount of does which had had fawns. One or two of them had even had twins, which wasn't unusual- but it seemed like almost every one of them had dropped a fawn in the spring. A boon, she thought- a bounty if hunted properly, though the time had passed for the fawns to be abandoned if the herd spooked. By now, they were longer in leg, and could frisk away with their mothers. 

The herd she tracked seemed drawn to another, larger group, and joined them while the quiet wolf trailed behind, meandering along in the paths they left behind. She watched them from a distance, counting, noting how many bucks there were, and how many yearlings lived among them as well. Too difficult for her to hunt on her own, but she considered circling back to find Cethleann, and convincing her to try and flush out a meal with her. 

Amid the verdant green, though, she caught a glimpse of something unusual- shaded, but sandy in colour, with long, thick fur that couldn't possibly belong to another deer. She angled herself a bit differently to try and get a bead on the shape of the creature, assuming by their coat thickness that it wasn't a panther, either- likely canid of some sort, though she was thrown off when she noticed the light curl of the tail. Without moving so much as to draw attention from the calm herbivores, she craned her neck to try and make eye contact with the other canine.
Messages In This Thread
Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Shemesh - July 06, 2023, 05:09 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Simone - July 06, 2023, 10:25 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Shemesh - July 07, 2023, 01:08 AM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Simone - July 08, 2023, 03:35 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Shemesh - July 11, 2023, 02:49 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Simone - July 20, 2023, 02:18 PM