Neverwinter Forest Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn?
26 Posts
Ooc — Forest
Thanks for joining! <3

The bucks were Shemesh’s biggest worry by sheer size alone. She didn’t know if they would defend the fawns or run with them, just as she didn’t know the loyalty of the mothers, but if she had to be kicked… Well, she’d choose the smaller hoof.

The faintest of sounds caught Shemesh’s ear, and she half turned to see what it was. Instead of a hare hopping through the undergrowth or more deer moving to join the herd, there was a wolf in blended, earthen tones. Their gazes met, hazel green catching ice and sunlight, and Shemesh gestured with her muzzle toward her well-guarded quarry. A silent question: are you hunting them, too?

She regarded her position for a moment, wondering if it was better or worse than the wolf’s. Shemesh glanced back at the herd, still unaware of her presence, and was driven by instinct to stay put; she was better off in the shadow of the trees and the soft needles. If the wolf wanted to hunt with her, she could come closer or telegraph her intentions from a distance. Shemesh would understand her either way. Hopefully.
Messages In This Thread
Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Shemesh - July 06, 2023, 05:09 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Simone - July 06, 2023, 10:25 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Shemesh - July 07, 2023, 01:08 AM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Simone - July 08, 2023, 03:35 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Shemesh - July 11, 2023, 02:49 PM
RE: Or did I lead the wolf to the fawn? - by Simone - July 20, 2023, 02:18 PM