Herbalists' Cache Was scream “Please don’t call 9-1-1!”
29 Posts
Ooc —
At the mention of his brother, her ears folded, taken aback. “An eagle took him and... just dropped him there...?” she repeated, although it came out more as a question. The pack was kind, at least, to have taken him in—and the woman she’d met from there was kind, too, so perhaps it was not quite as terrible of an event as it sounded. However, she couldn’t imagine being snatched away by sharp talons, just to then be released into an unknown land of strangers. “They sound kind,” she noted anyways. “To take in a lost pup like that.” Members of her own family had done the same in the past, albeit those taken in had never come from an eagle, of all things.

The boy spoke of a waterfall he’d seen but the mention of a bay made her realise that it was not the one she sought out. Her shoulders slumped in a brief moment of defeat, whilst she wondered if she might ever find the places she’d left home to see. No matter, she shook the feeling off and said, “I don’t think that is the one I’m looking for but, if we cross paths again, I would enjoy seeing it with you.” Even if it wasn’t the one she was searching for, Kovette was not about to turn down the offer.

“I appreciate everything you have told me,” she said, genuinely grateful for the knowledge shared. “You have been very helpful, Eti.” She smiled at him, although there came with it a pang of guilt for her earlier accusation of illness. “I do hope we meet again,” came out next as she stood and bowed her head to him, tail wagging behind her. “And I hope your journey is kind to you.” Kovette, having spent her life thus far primarily being sheltered by her northern family, truly believed that any kindness shown would surely find its way back tenfold.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Was scream “Please don’t call 9-1-1!” - by Kovette - August 11, 2023, 09:57 AM
RE: Was scream “Please don’t call 9-1-1!” - by Etienne - September 01, 2023, 06:37 AM