Sea Lion Shores metal and dust
<b><div><span style="color:#ffe100;">☥</span></div></b>
15 Posts
Ooc — Mary
I am truly awful for making you wait this long. Please forgive me! <3333
<style>.ankh1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .ankh1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .ankh1 b {color:#282828; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .ankh1 {background-color:#efd7c1; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/14SLNDi.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .ankh1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .ankh1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:560px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 400px 20px; } .ankh1-border {width:600px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

A foul taste entered the Pharaoh’s mouth when his companion summoned the question that was – by their standards – quite appropriate. It had been suggested that he was to wed Isis. The Egyptians wanted a clean bloodline for royalty, and Ankh had been informed that by taking his sister as his mate, they would seal the Khafra line for years to follow. It had taken more of his life than he could ever admit to keep his father from wedding them. The pallid ruler did not believe that his present company would understand his hatred for his own blood. While she had shared a story with him of betrayal and disaster, Ankh still believed that she would not perceive his fears. It was fair to admit that even the young hybrid did not fully recognize his own apprehensions. Instinct had driven him away from the marriage of Isis, but he had believed it to be the workings of the Gods. Luckily, so had his father or the outcome of his tale would have been drastically different.
Drawing his lightly-colored eyes upwards, the white male frowned heavily at the question that still hung between them in the salty air. “The Gods had different plans for me, or so my father thought. His intentions were for me to find the bloodline of royalty elsewhere. To leave my sister behind, I would be expected to forge a new dynasty. To take two kingdoms and merge them into one,” he explained with a bitter edge to his voice. It was the role of a pawn, Ankh knew this much. Still, he could not have explained to the Egyptian woman his fear of Isis and her torment. Had he been forced to wed the witch of the desert, he surely would have abandoned his home and his duties out of cowardice alone. It was fortunate that the Gods smiled down on him.
Ankh wanted to believe that he was a brave creature. That, when faced with an impassible object, he could overcome all that fell into his path. He had discovered more about himself in his journey than he had ever wished. Mostly, that he was fearful of an inevitable end to his life. The Pharaoh was young and had already seen horrid times in the Osahar kingdom. He was no stranger to struggle. It did not shape him well into a beast of courage, however. Instead, the pallid ruler found that he was more fearful of his destiny than he was intended to be. Insecure to a fault. Perhaps this was what had driven him so far from his homeland. And then, he wondered, maybe it truly was just fate.
Fixing his gaze back on the female, Ankh allowed a moment of silence to pass between them before posing his question. “Would you have stayed?” his voice was shaky as the inquiry fell from his dark lips. “Had your betrothed not banished you to these lands, would you have stayed and obediently sat beside your bother?” It was a question that dug deep into her moral standings and her conformity to their ways. He was curious, though, to see if this specimen had deeper desires than what she had already shared with him. Ankh knew she wanted the throne, but then, most did. It was a noble position to carry the title of Pharaoh. He could taste her bitter feelings when she had spoken of the foul creature who had outlawed her from her very home. It was in this that his wonder was rooted. Could she have remained mated to a creature of betrayal? Was she as obedient to their customs as most?

Messages In This Thread
metal and dust - by Ankh - October 12, 2014, 12:56 AM
RE: metal and dust - by Hatshepsut - October 13, 2014, 03:55 PM
RE: metal and dust - by Ankh - October 13, 2014, 04:33 PM
RE: metal and dust - by Hatshepsut - October 13, 2014, 05:11 PM
RE: metal and dust - by Ankh - October 13, 2014, 06:26 PM
RE: metal and dust - by Hatshepsut - October 13, 2014, 07:57 PM
RE: metal and dust - by Ankh - October 13, 2014, 08:40 PM
RE: metal and dust - by Hatshepsut - October 13, 2014, 11:16 PM
RE: metal and dust - by Ankh - October 14, 2014, 12:03 AM
RE: metal and dust - by Hatshepsut - October 14, 2014, 05:59 PM
RE: metal and dust - by Ankh - October 28, 2014, 11:41 PM