Golden Glade A ghost resurfaced
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
The sun adds a ghostly glow to Amaguq's snow-white fur, softly waving in the cool breeze.
He was striding along the golden paths that meander through the trees towards the nearest water source, when an obnoxious chirping made him halt: such a frenzied melody could only be a harbinger of battle, or an anthem for the fallen. Amaguq followed his ears, and drifted off his course.
The sounds grew higher and more livid. And then, he spotted something falling from the treetops, right at his feet. He blinked twice and pointed his nose to the foreign object: small, soft, colorful...

Bloody.

Beheaded.

"Yes! Off with its head!" Indeed, the creature's missing head was in the beak of another bird perched above the wolf's head. Amaguq didn't know whether to be confused or utterly amazed. For the bird was not an eagle or a falcon: it was a loud and vibrant blue jay, chirping in victory.
The white wolf lowered his nose to the carcass: its white chest was stained with dark blood, but Amaguq could see the traces of a patch of vermilion feathers that had once provided a vivid contrast of colour. The exposed base of the small bird's neck showed a messy gash of punctured flesh and torn feathers.

So this is what happens when you peck the head off one of your peers.

Amaguq opened his mouth to swallow the bird whole, when something else dripped from above: poop!
"Here! Spice! Ahah!" The jay shrieked. Amaguq nearly vomited.
"What the hell has he done to you?" Amaguq asked, sneezing the stench from his nostrils.
"He stole my food! My seeds! That regal fat jackass spent his days sleeping in a golden nest, acting like a king! And while I was out there foraging, that guy was gorging himself on MY finds! No more!" The jay then hung the grossbeak's head from a sharp branch in the tree.
It was meant to rot there, mangled, with its tongue hanging out and  eyeless holes weeping blood.
"Hey, white wolf!" The blue jay called. "I need to... restock my pantry, and I may have an idea that will benefit us both."
"You dare ask me for help after shitting on my snack?" Amaguq growled.
"Squirrels might be a bit more to your taste, no? Besides, the guy didn't taste all that good. The point is, I want seeds for my supply, and you, skinny as you are, might be interested in stuffing your mouth with those pesky rodents."
"What? Will you behead them for me?" The wolf was angry at the thought of being an instrument for a tiny bird that was less than a snack for his stomach. But he couldn't deny that he was intrigued at the same time.
"All right, I'll bite: what do you want?"
"I want you to hunt them, of course! Squirrels have their own hiding places. If they are unfortunate enough to die, well..."
"You can steal their seeds." Amaguq reasoned.
"No! Not rob! Claim! Tssk, foolish wolf! Everyone knows you can't rob the dead! But you can as well bring me their heads as a proof of your deeds! I think five of them will make a fine ornament for my tree. And everyone will think I did it! Ahah!"
Messages In This Thread
A ghost resurfaced - by Amaguq - October 12, 2023, 09:15 AM
RE: A ghost resurfaced - by Amaguq - October 14, 2023, 11:45 AM
RE: A ghost resurfaced - by Amaguq - October 21, 2023, 07:20 AM
RE: A ghost resurfaced - by Amaguq - October 23, 2023, 07:43 PM
RE: A ghost resurfaced - by Amaguq - October 24, 2023, 05:53 PM