Ankyra Sound I'm a war of head vs. heart.
<small><i><font color='#CCC0D4'>o</font><font color='#CCBFD0'>n</font><font color='#CCBECC'>c</font><font color='#CCBDC8'>e</font><font color='#CCBCC3'> </font><font color='#CCBBBF'>m</font><font color='#CCBABB'>o</font><font color='#CCB9B7'>r</font><font color='#CCB8B3'>e</font><font color='#CCB6AE'> </font><font color='#CCB5AA'>i</font><font color='#CCB4A6'>n</font><font color='#CCB3A2'>t</font><font color='#CCB3A2'>o</font><font color='#CCB4A6'> </font><font color='#CCB5AA'>t</font><font color='#CCB6AE'>h</font><font color='#CCB8B3'>e</font><font color='#CCB9B7'> </font><font color='#CCBABB'>f</font><font color='#CCBBBF'>r</font><font color='#CCBCC3'>a</font><font color='#CCBDC8'>y</font></i></small><br><small><i><font color='#CCC3DF'>i</font><font color='#CCC2DC'>n</font><font color='#CCC2D9'>t</font><font color='#CCC1D6'>o</font><font color='#CCC0D3'> </font><font color='#CCBFD0'>t</font><font color='#CCBECD'>h</font><font color='#CCBECA'>e</font><font color='#CCBDC6'> </font><font color='#CCBCC3'>l</font><font color='#CCBBC0'>a</font><font color='#CCBABD'>s</font><font color='#CCB9BA'>t</font><font color='#CCB9B7'> </font><font color='#CCB8B4'>g</font><font color='#CCB7B1'>o</font><font color='#CCB6AE'>o</font><font color='#CCB5AA'>d</font><font color='#CCB5A7'> </font><font color='#CCB4A4'>f</font><font color='#CCB3A1'>i</font><font color='#CCB3A1'>g</font><font color='#CCB4A4'>h</font><font color='#CCB5A7'>t</font><font color='#CCB5AA'> </font><font color='#CCB6AE'>i</font><font color='#CCB7B1'>'</font><font color='#CCB8B4'>l</font><font color='#CCB9B7'>l</font><font color='#CCB9BA'> </font><font color='#CCBABD'>e</font><font color='#CCBBC0'>v</font><font color='#CCBCC3'>e</font><font color='#CCBDC6'>r</font><font color='#CCBECA'> </font><font color='#CCBECD'>k</font><font color='#CCBFD0'>n</font><font color='#CCC0D3'>o</font><font color='#CCC1D6'>w</font></i></small>
3 Posts
Ooc —
For @Caiaphas and/or @Aktaie and anyone else is welcome to join. :)

She'd been an only child, the product of a fiercely loyal High Pristess and her chosen consort. From long before her conception she'd been the center of Sao Nereides' entire world, a product of the wolfess who yearned for daughters she could be proud. Doted on and spoiled rotten, Kharis - later nicknamed "Nyx" for her love of the nighttime, after the Goddess of night and daughter of Chaos - thrived on her mother's attention. Several weeks shy of her first birthday was when Sao came to her to deliver news that her union with Notturno Roux-Abrhen had been blessed once agaon, and it was then that Nyx made the immediate decision that she could not remain in Astarte Strand to be pushed aside in favour of the newborns destined to take her place as apple of her mother's eye.

There were many she-wolves of Astarte Strand who thought Nyx too young, inexperienced and foolish to find her own way in land beyond their place she'd been born to. The High Pristesses, her mother included, had been firm with her in the days leading to her departure; while she would forever have a home with them, the leaders made it crystal clear that it was unlikely she'd be welcomed back with open arms. She would have to solidify her place once more, re-gain the trust of her elders and superiors. And as stubborn and arrogant as her dam before her, Nyx had turned her face away with little concern. Confident that she would not set paw on their sands again, she left the Strand for the first and last time in her whole life with some final, bitter words of farewell to her mother: "Σας εύχομαι γιους, Μητέρα. Και μια πληγή υπενθύμιση ότι δεν ήταν αρκετά για εσάς."

Perhaps it was selfish of her to resent her unborn sisters for stealing her mother's affection, but she truly believed there was not enough to be shared evenly. She'd been an only, beloved child throughout her entire life; Nyx could not deal with the idea of being cast into the background while the new pups were doted on. But she could have better, and create a life of her own elsewhere in a new land, with new wolves. She didn't need her mother to succeed, just as Sao had made it clear that she could survive just fine without her firstborn. Through the grapevine she learned of a brand new Nereides branch pack not far North of her birthplace, and had made her way swiftly along the coast in search of wolves who shared her beliefs.

Tired and a little worse for wear from weeks of lone travel, Nyx found the place she'd been looking for. She lingered on the Sound's outskirts for a short while, testing the air and the ground for scent markers, and found fresh trails. Exhaling a soft sigh of relief, the young siren let her muscles slacken somewhat and tilted her muzzle toward the dim evening sky to announce her presence and request the attention of a siren.
Messages In This Thread
I'm a war of head vs. heart. - by Kharis - October 29, 2014, 02:25 PM
RE: I'm a war of head vs. heart. - by Caiaphas - October 29, 2014, 06:00 PM
RE: I'm a war of head vs. heart. - by Kharis - October 30, 2014, 06:49 AM
RE: I'm a war of head vs. heart. - by Caiaphas - October 30, 2014, 06:53 PM
RE: I'm a war of head vs. heart. - by Kharis - October 31, 2014, 09:29 AM
RE: I'm a war of head vs. heart. - by Caiaphas - November 03, 2014, 08:26 PM