Golden Glade A ghost resurfaced
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
The white wolf returned to the blue jay trophy tree with the promised loot: he hurried to place the five squirrel heads in a perfectly shaped pile.
"Hey, jay! Show yourself!" He barked.
The blue bird leapt from the canopy into a branch, flapping its wings so excitedly that some of its feathers rained languidly down on the wolf.
"Oh boy! You really did it!" He laughed, puffing out his chest.
Amaguq resisted the impulse to lash out madly. He licked his muzzle, imagining the taste of the raucous critter. "Indeed. I must say, it was a very good idea: I get to fill my belly," he lied, "and now I am quite curious to see how these pristine rodent heads will look on that branch."
"Oh, I bet they'll look lovely! Ah! I'll be the most badass bird in the region! The ladies will flock around me like bees around a honeycomb! Ahahah!"
"Well, what are you waiting for?" Amaguq asked, tail waving softly. "You can't possibly expect me to hang the heads in your stand, can you?"
"No, of course not!" The blue jay replied ironically. "I'll tend to it... Once you fuck off!"
Amaguq's blood boiled with rage."Let's see how you talk after I've made a snack of your trophies!" He growled. "You can kiss the ladies goodbye!" The wolf opened his jaws wide, showing his sharp fangs, ready to devour  the bloody bundle.
"NO!"A high-pitched scream echoed through the forest. "WAIT! Look, I take it back, OK? No hard feelings!"
"Say you're sorry and I'll leave you to your con show." Amaguq demanded.
"What?"
"You heard me: say it, nicely, and I'll be off."
The bird ruffled its bright blue feathers and doubled its volume. "In your dreams, you sack of fleas!"
The last thing the jay should have said: the wolf snapped. He lunged blindly at the tree, scratching, snarling, mouthing the air!
As for the irritating bright blue bird, it looked down at the wolf and laughed at his flamboyant show from the safety of a high branch. 

After a while, Amaguq acknowledged his futile effort and stood motionless for a while, staring at the bird in complete silence.
Then he turned and walked away, but not before lifting a leg to let a golden stream flow over the five heads.
"Hey, HEY! What the hell! NO! STOP!!" The bird fretted.

"Oh, don't mind me! I'm just putting the finishing touches on these beautiful ornaments! Good luck lifting them off the ground!"
Amaguq walked away, deaf to the bird's relentless insults, and disappeared behind the ferns.

Grinning.
Messages In This Thread
A ghost resurfaced - by Amaguq - October 12, 2023, 09:15 AM
RE: A ghost resurfaced - by Amaguq - October 14, 2023, 11:45 AM
RE: A ghost resurfaced - by Amaguq - October 21, 2023, 07:20 AM
RE: A ghost resurfaced - by Amaguq - October 23, 2023, 07:43 PM
RE: A ghost resurfaced - by Amaguq - October 24, 2023, 05:53 PM