Big Salmon Lake Laughing Fairies
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
"My name is Akari." She smiled. "And I'm sorry to hear that. Loneliness is a feeling I am quite familiar with, although through a very different path in life. I've been a lone wolf for the last couple of years." The bronze-coloured wolf lowered her head to take a sip from the running water, her touch as soft as a kiss. Then she looked back at the youngster.

"Everything in life flows, like this river. Existence is fleeting, and the only constant in this world is its ever-changing nature." The soft wind ruffled her fur as her mind wandered through her past and her cooper eyes seemed to ignore Ajei's physical form. "A wolf has a choice: hold on to his family, or give his heart to the world and follow the path of fate. I can empathise with your thoughts: I once intended to stay with my kin for life. The thought of one of them leaving was painful. But then I understood: because one day, I was the one who had to go."

Akari blinked twice and seemed to come back from her journey into her memories. "But make no mistake: creating roots to your pack, to your home, is an honourable thing, Ajei! It really is!" She smiled. "As for those who left, they can always be found. I believe the threads of fate work in a very intricate way: they can bend, twist and turn, but never break. Just like the bond you share with them."

"Be the howl they follow as they seek their spirits." Speaking of which... "Though the reasons behind the spirit hunting still elude me. Is it some sort of ritual?" She asked curiously, tail wagging.
Messages In This Thread
Laughing Fairies - by Ajei - October 24, 2023, 10:37 AM
RE: Laughing Fairies - by Akari - October 25, 2023, 04:26 PM
RE: Laughing Fairies - by Ajei - October 26, 2023, 09:42 AM
RE: Laughing Fairies - by Akari - October 27, 2023, 06:26 AM
RE: Laughing Fairies - by Ajei - October 27, 2023, 09:33 AM
RE: Laughing Fairies - by Akari - October 27, 2023, 12:53 PM
RE: Laughing Fairies - by Ajei - October 30, 2023, 11:38 AM
RE: Laughing Fairies - by Akari - October 31, 2023, 07:17 AM