Stavanger Bay The poison in my soul
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar didn't want to speak of Nerian anymore; frankly, would be quite content with never speaking of his once slave ever again. She was apart of his past now, and what was done was done and there was nothing that either of them could do about it. No longer did he want to continue to linger in that pool of distrust and anger. It was their future, twined so intimately with the future of Stavanger Bay that needed and deserved his attention — not the past or what futures there could have been. Ragnar had learned long ago that there was no point on lingering on what could have been when it would realistically never be. He wasn't a dreamer like that. He was a realist. “Stop it. Do not beat yourself up over it, Thistle,” Ragnar told her sharply, a bit more sharp than he'd meant too. Even so, he did not wish to see her take the blame for something that wasn't her fault. “We are the Jarl and Queen. We are not babysitters and both Verrine and Julooke are full grown adults able of making their own decisions,” He drew in a breath and looked sharply out into the distance. “And are fully capable of being held accountable for their own actions.” If Verrine really had killed himself, then Ragnar felt no sympathy, regardless of how he had thought the Ostrega to be his friend. Thistle and him could have helped; but instead their three remaining children were not left as orphans that Ragnar and Thistle needed to take care of. There was no other choice — no one else suited to the job.

Ragnar held still as Thistle slid closer, nipping at his left, unscarred shoulder, the feather light brush of her tail against his flank briefly distracting him from the gravity and weight of their new responsibilities. When she admitted that she had missed him, Ragnar was silent for a short while, unsure if he wanted to allow her to distract him in a way he desperately needed wanted, or if he wanted to try to steer their conversation back to the important matters they weren't exactly done discussing yet. After the contemplative silence which stretched for a heartbeat or two, Ragnar's lips parted and the Viking spoke, “I have missed your body and smell.” Which was, more or less, his way of admitting that he missed everything about her without getting mushy and uncharacteristically romantic about it.

Messages In This Thread
The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 16, 2014, 01:45 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 16, 2014, 04:22 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 16, 2014, 08:37 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 17, 2014, 08:27 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 17, 2014, 12:09 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 21, 2014, 08:17 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 21, 2014, 08:52 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 23, 2014, 07:18 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 23, 2014, 07:37 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 25, 2014, 08:28 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 25, 2014, 11:50 AM