Stone Circle Misstep
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
After a time, she heard a soft whuff somewhere behind her.
The guardian lifted her head from the dying grasses to see Skald standing there. 

Ulfhild was quiet for a long moment, ears slanted back slightly as she took a breath...

"I apologize...for not handling Fadir's death in a better way..." She began, softly.
"It was not right, that I broadcasted his death...I know that now..." She tried to keep her voice steady as her eyes glistened with raw emotion in the form of tearr

"I only ever wanted to do right by Gunnar, and it is clear, now...I have failed, by creating this rift between you and I. And by not behaving in a better manner, to make room for everyone else's grief..." Ulfhild breathed, genuine sorrow in her amber gaze as she looked at Skald.
She felt her thick, strong forelimbs quiver slightly, the quake in her chest and her ribs as she fought to not cry...now did not feel like an appropriate time to cry...
And her body betrayed her as drops began to roll down her face.

Ulfhild turned her head downward in a bow, with obvious shame, and a defeated sigh...

"I understand if you do not forgive me." She uttered for him, ears fully flat.
She anticipated he wouldn't, but she was not so disrespectful as to turn away when she was talking to somebody, even if she assumed something.
Protect the Weak, Purge the Evil
Messages In This Thread
Misstep - by Ulfhild - October 21, 2023, 07:32 PM
RE: Misstep - by Skáld - October 22, 2023, 01:22 PM
RE: Misstep - by Ulfhild - November 03, 2023, 03:33 AM
RE: Misstep - by Skáld - December 03, 2023, 01:34 PM