Hushed Willows Show me the places where the others gave you scars.
91 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Reverie was adorable in the way she tried, offering tidbits of her life and who she was - hopeful, perhaps, that Wayfarer would give something of herself in return. Her amber gaze remained fixed on the lake's shimmering surface as they pair neared its edge, though she shot her companion a sideways glance and a hint of a smile at her tale of her pet hummingbird. Her own youth had been a difficult one, plagued by memories of a mother who'd seemed desperate to avoid her and void of such simple joys.

She settled on her haunches, figuring Reverie could use a break from using her bum leg. Wayfarer spotted a pair of mallards swim along, though no quaking erupted from them. There was a sense of peace to be found there, a stillness in her life that she'd been missing.

So when Reverie asked ger if she would stay, the rogue turned to meet her bright gaze. Warmth flooded to her face and she blinked, her heart leaping in her chest as she tried to make sense of the feeling that bloomed within her.

Was this how it was to be wanted?

I'll stay, she said softly, tempted then to lean in and touch her nose to Reverie's own, but she bit it back and swallowed.
"After all we've been through, everything I've done,
it can't all be for nothing."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Show me the places where the others gave you scars. - by Wayfarer - November 27, 2023, 02:18 PM