Gilded Bay [m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out
Loner
34 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Vulgarity, mention of blood later in thread.

Grit in her eyes, sand in her teeth, water in her lungs. 

Sputtering and coughing, Fleurette found herself soaked to the bone, lying on a hard surface. The frigid waters behind her could be heard lapping at the unfamiliar lands as if calling out to all who were near that she had arrived. Eyes that seem to reflect the setting sun blinked rapidly and, soon enough, cleared to see snow that glittered with little bursts of daylight. It stretched along the coastline, that which she noticed stretched for a few miles in either direction, the horizon stark white against the skies. 

These lands were unfamiliar, but how did she get here? Where did she even come from? Her brain felt so foggy; muddled, even. The only thing that felt concrete was her given name: Fleurette. She had stood up as soon as her eyes had cleared as she surveyed her surroundings. 

Her gaze landed on a collection of small pools of water shortly off from where the land meets the sea. It seems as though the tide was the only thing keeping the pool free of snow. One pool caught her eye. Did she just catch water being splashed?

Curiously, with forward facing ears and a light step, she padded over to investigate. She sniffed the air, making an attempt to scent what, or who, made that splash? She wouldn't be surprised if the water splashing had just been her brain tricking her. Who knows what else this brain injury she seemed to have acquired might cause? Clearly, whatever she endured rattled her enough to cause her to lose her memory.

But, she felt in her heart that this was not the worst thing to occur. She still had a hope that filled her veins with the courage to continue on, to create a new beginning. It felt right. Although she was cold, hungry, and UTTERLY alone, she did not fear it. It felt like freedom.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
[m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Fleurette - January 01, 2024, 05:54 PM
RE: Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Andr - January 02, 2024, 01:29 AM
RE: Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Fleurette - January 02, 2024, 10:13 AM
RE: Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Andr - January 02, 2024, 09:41 PM
RE: Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Fleurette - January 03, 2024, 10:53 AM
RE: [m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Andr - January 05, 2024, 07:56 PM
RE: [m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Fleurette - January 05, 2024, 09:34 PM
RE: [m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Andr - January 07, 2024, 12:10 AM
RE: [m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Fleurette - January 07, 2024, 01:29 PM