Blacktail Deer Plateau I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
It would not be long before traveling significant distances became difficult due to winter's snow. If he didn't do it within the next few weeks, paying a visit to the plateau would soon become impossible. And if he didn't seize this narrowing window of opportunity, he might not be able to drop by until next summer, assuming his mate and newborn pups would keep him occupied come springtime. As much as he hated to leave it—he had grown to love the caldera as much as he had loved the plateau—Peregrine decided to leave it, just for a little while.

He left before dawn, traveled tirelessly the entire day, slept near the river and then resumed his travels the following morning. He drew up to the plateau a few hours after daybreak, his eyes gleaming as he regarded his former home. He felt a mixture of sadness and joy to find himself here again. Peregrine knew better than to draw too near—some might still dislike him for turning his back on them—so he maintained his distance.

In fact, he didn't even call out for anyone. He figured it was only a matter of time before a Warden made a pass or someone spotted him purely by chance. Peregrine settled himself on his haunches, wondering about his children primarily but also everyone else he'd had to leave behind just under a month ago.
Messages In This Thread
I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 02, 2014, 04:11 PM