Blacktail Deer Plateau I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
If Lasher's question was meant to serve as a sharp reminder of why they couldn't be, it worked quite effectively. Peregrine took a step back as if slapped, forgetting to actually answer the fair question. He swallowed thickly, his ears falling back. He said nothing for a prolonged moment, then sighed forcefully.

"She's almost good as new," Peregrine reported. They'd fucked like animals just the other day, something which he could've mentioned if he was the petty sort, or if he had any desire to hurt Lasher, which he did not in the least. Unlike Hawkeye, Peregrine did not hate this former flame. He did find himself wishing Lasher hadn't come; why was he torturing him like this?

He wanted to acknowledge Lasher's plans with Blue Willow. They were the elephant in the room, after all, and perhaps even the reason Lasher shut him down so immediately. Peregrine was truly happy for them, though he found he couldn't even bring up the subject. The mere thought made his insides ache queerly. He envied his best friend horribly in this moment.

"How're things here?" he forced out after a lengthy, discomfiting pause.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 02, 2014, 08:47 PM