Hoshor Plains If you only met my eyes
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
Sumac watched intently from his hiding place as Minnow and Easy moved smoothly in opposite directions, walking silently upon well-trained paws. The male held his breath, his ears pricked fully forward and his heart racing - this was simultaneously thrilling and terrifying. Don’t mess this up, ‘Mac!

It was Minnow who made the first move, intentionally revealing herself to the pair of cervines. The elder doe snorted loudly and dashed off, and before her companion could follow, Easy was there to redirect her course toward Sumac. Minnow had dashed in, nipping at the fleeing animal’s flank, encouraging her toward the ambush site.

Closer… closer…

They were so near, now. This was the hardest part for ‘Mac: keeping himself under control so as not to pull the trigger too soon and overshoot his opportunity, but not restraining himself too much and missing out altogether.

Wait for it, wait for it… 

He could practically feel the doe’s breath as she shot right into the bush he’d been hiding behind. Throwing all of his power into his limbs, adrenaline surging, ‘Mac bared his glistening white teeth and stared intently at the animal’s neck, keeping his attention there. With a lunge, he threw himself forward, felt his teeth find purchase… and then clack together, empty!

The deer had bucked and shoved him with her shoulder before continuing her mad dash forward. No! His heart began to sink - he was failing.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
If you only met my eyes - by Sumac - January 10, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Minnow - January 10, 2024, 08:15 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Easy - January 11, 2024, 10:28 AM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Sumac - January 11, 2024, 11:46 AM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Minnow - January 13, 2024, 08:16 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Sumac - January 14, 2024, 02:10 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Minnow - January 15, 2024, 01:41 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Sumac - January 16, 2024, 06:41 AM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Minnow - January 20, 2024, 08:21 PM
RE: If you only met my eyes - by Sumac - January 22, 2024, 08:58 AM