Blacktail Deer Plateau I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
And this is why exes should go no contact, LOL... <_<

Lasher's vehement words pressed Peregrine into a raw silence. He didn't interrupt the other male, not even to defend himself. Some of the words bred guilt, others engendered a bit of indignation, but they all hurt him.

"I did not leave you, nor mistreat you... at least, never in intention," Peregrine said quietly, begging Lasher to know that. "You and Fox were incompatible and there was nothing I could do to help that. Believe me, if there was anything I could've done, I would have. I would've done anything. Don't you understand that I love you both? But you needed to go and I only let you because I thought it was the only way you could be happy!"

Lasher tried to force them to move on, in conversation if nothing else. Peregrine struggled and ultimately failed in his ability to do so. "I can't do this," he repeated his earlier words. And yet he was reluctant to just turn tail and leave, not without doing what he'd come here to do.

"The last thing I want to do is dismiss you, Lasher. I never wanted you to go—not now, not ever. But... I came here to ask after my kids and see how everyone's doing. That includes you and Willow but I can't... I just can't," he finished, unable to articulate further.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 02, 2014, 09:35 PM