Blacktail Deer Plateau I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Lasher seemed confident that they would eventually be able to share space without all this tension and agony. Peregrine both hoped he was right and that he was wrong. On one hand, he wanted to be able to be around Lasher without feeling like this. On the other, he didn't actually want to let their love cool and, eventually, fade into friendship. The mere thought made him feel sick and hollow, even if he understood that he would feel differently when that time finally came.

"I meant to stay longer, to visit... but I have to go back to the caldera, in case she's there," Peregrine said, though they both knew there were other reasons for his quick departure. "Please give everyone my regards. Tell my kids I love them. I can't say when I'll be able to visit again, considering winter's nearly here and the pups will keep me busy early in the spring, if all goes according to plan..." He felt an ache as he was reminded that this was probably the last time he saw Lasher or anyone from the plateau, possibly until next year.

"I love you. I'll never stop." It was all he could think to say. Saying goodbye felt too pedestrian following that heartfelt confession, so Peregrine said nothing else. He held Lasher's gaze for a few breaths, then turned and hastily made his way back toward Redhawk Caldera.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 02, 2014, 10:39 PM