Kintla Flatlands cause all you need to change the world
15 Posts
Ooc — Raven
@Rusalka
She half expected his reaction to be a bit more delayed than it was. Like any skilled fighter, the male was tuned in to her presence much more quickly, causing her to be a bit startled. Ears remained back as her body jumped ever so slightly. Everest remained paused in her position, eyes locked onto the position that the male stood, hackles raised but slowly relaxing. "Ah.. I'm.. I'm sorry I hope I didn't.. startle you.." Words were hard to share in this moment as she suddenly began to second guess her decision on conversing with him.  However, winter was indeed coming, and already here, and conditions would worsen the longer that she was without a home. 

"Settle yourself! This is no way to act as a Lady!" her mothers words seeped into her mind. A stark reminder about how a woman like herself was supposed to act. Although, this was no longer home and her mother's rules didn't apply here. An exasperated sigh escaped her lips as she tried to steel her nerves and not look so pathetic. So much for a good start on the right paw. The males voice cut the silence as he greeted her. Closing the distance just a bit more, Everest walked up so that they could converse normally. "I.." she began, suddenly needing to swallow hard. "Ugh. Okay. Sorry -- I'm new here and this is really awkward for me because I've not been in this position before." In truth, Everest had everything provided for her so that she didn't need to ask for something. This included everything at home so that she was comfortable. Now that she was in a position where she actually needed something, there wasn't anyone around to get it for her. Not that she was spoiled by her parents, but more so that her parents could keep an eye on her like a coveted item, safely protected until the time came that they used her like a bartering chip. 

"I was wanting to know if you lived in a pack?" she asked as she sniffed the air to take in his scent. "I've been alone for a while and I would like to find a home. I.. I know it's strange to ask but.. I'm tired of being alone." The truth came out on her voice as ears dipped to the sides, shy and embarrassed to have admitted loneliness. Some wolves didn't like being in packs and preferred being alone, this she knew. Some viewed being in a pack as weakness while Everest considered it the safest way to live. Wait -- was this a wolf that preferred to be alone? Concerns of possibly offending the male flooded her mind as anxiety settled in her bones. The last thing she wanted to do out here was offend anyone. She hardly knew how to protect herself as it was, so getting into a situation where she would have to fight or flee would almost be a death sentence.  
Messages In This Thread
cause all you need to change the world - by Rusalka - January 16, 2024, 05:05 AM
RE: cause all you need to change the world - by Everest - January 16, 2024, 04:12 PM
RE: cause all you need to change the world - by Rusalka - January 19, 2024, 05:52 AM
RE: cause all you need to change the world - by Everest - January 20, 2024, 04:54 PM
RE: cause all you need to change the world - by Rusalka - January 21, 2024, 04:03 PM
RE: cause all you need to change the world - by Everest - February 03, 2024, 09:33 PM
RE: cause all you need to change the world - by Rusalka - February 04, 2024, 04:12 PM
RE: cause all you need to change the world - by Everest - February 10, 2024, 08:57 PM
RE: cause all you need to change the world - by Rusalka - February 17, 2024, 06:48 AM