Hoshor Plains cowboy like me
Wild Fauna
44 Posts
Ooc — --
She snorted softly. While she had to acknowledge the fact that she had only ever been a part of one herd herself, she had lived alongside other bands, and had heard the same stories from their Storytellers as well. It seemed as though Mallow's herd might not have been privy to the same information- but at least she seemed willing to learn. 

She gestured for Mallow to start walking down the hill so they might be closer to the others. "There's lots to tell," She said with a bob of her head. "Equus is the creator of all horses, and the leader of the Herd of One Hundred and Five," She explained. "With the birth of the sun came the birth of all species; Equus was the first of the horses, Canis the first of all dogs and wolves, Felis the first of all cats, Avis the first of all birds- and so on and so on." She said. She knew many by name simply from having heard the story told by many Storytellers. 

"With the birth of the moon came partners for them each. Jehanna, for horses, Lunaris for canines, Alanis for cats, Vitaris for birds, and so on and so on. From them came the Breedmaster and Breedmistress of each breed, so that they might become unique and able inhabit many corners of the earth and survive with their unique shape, temperament and skills." She said. "For wild horses, our Breedmaster and Breedmistress are Copperhead and Mayflower; we are their descendants. With their breath, they brought our ancestors to life from seeds of the earth from all four cardinal points: Arctic Cotton Grass from the North, Trout Lilies from the East, Prickly Pear from the South and Wild Rose from the West. We're survivors, in all climates." She announced. 

"Equus, Jehanna and the Herd of One Hundred and Five live in the Goldenrealm; they watch over us from there, an' we can pray to them as we need. If you've been good, throughout your life, you'll go and run with them once you've passed through judgement." She said. "If you haven't, well-" She said with a snort. "That's another story."
Messages In This Thread
cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 19, 2024, 11:57 AM
RE: cowboy like me - by Fancy - January 19, 2024, 02:13 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 19, 2024, 04:21 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Fancy - January 19, 2024, 07:31 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 20, 2024, 10:00 AM
RE: cowboy like me - by Fancy - January 20, 2024, 02:23 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 21, 2024, 04:37 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Fancy - January 21, 2024, 05:27 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 23, 2024, 12:15 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Fancy - January 28, 2024, 08:28 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 29, 2024, 12:02 PM