Hoshor Plains cowboy like me
Wild Fauna
45 Posts
Ooc — --
She chuckled, a soft, whickering sound, when the yearling expressed her curiosity. "Better you find out now," She drawled, scanning the horizon briefly out of habit. Her nostrils flared as she inhaled; finding nothing alarming or out of place, she exhaled softly. 

"What awaits you if you fail judgement is the Dark Horse; the only name we know him by is the one we scream when we die the most agonizing death," She said. She had heard the chilling scream before; it caused a shudder to ripple up her spine, so she shook her neck to ease the tension. "He has three servants, though they are typically hidden behind three gates and are only released to chase down souls who fail judgement and attempt to flee into the Green."

"The first is the traitor, Sycha- a grey mare, once Breedmistress to the Appaloosa, the first among the One Hundred and Five. She betrayed her duties, and was seduced by the Executioner, Anor...We'll get to him in a minute..." She said, distaste seeping into her words. "So she was banished and because of that, she lost her spots...And because of her, some of her descendants will be born an Appaloosa, but will fade to a grey or a dun when they reach adulthood." She had seen it happen before; it wasn't necessarily a remark on the horse's will or personality, but simply a trait passed down by the breed's tumultuous history. 

"Sycha now fills out her duty for the Dark Horse, and collects those who have failed, and who willingly accept their fate, and walks beside them into the darkness." She explained. "But not everyone is so compliant; some try to run, and get lost in the Green...Sort of a place of purgatory, I guess, but you can't stay there forever. If you wont go with Sycha, then the Hellhound, Scant, gets sent for you." She explained. 

"The Hellhound isn't nearly as cordial as Sycha, and will pursue and herd a horse to the dark gates himself; a massive, hairless, ugly, stinking beast- like a wolf, but worse, far worse." She explained. "Most are so scared witless by him that they go where he herds 'em. But some...The worst, anyway, might put up a fight- even against Scant. And that's when the Executioner gets sent out."

She paused, and gave the yearling a sidelong look. 

"Am I gonna get in trouble for giving you nightmares if I tell you the rest of this?"
Messages In This Thread
cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 19, 2024, 11:57 AM
RE: cowboy like me - by Fancy - January 19, 2024, 02:13 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 19, 2024, 04:21 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Fancy - January 19, 2024, 07:31 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 20, 2024, 10:00 AM
RE: cowboy like me - by Fancy - January 20, 2024, 02:23 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 21, 2024, 04:37 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Fancy - January 21, 2024, 05:27 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 23, 2024, 12:15 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Fancy - January 28, 2024, 08:28 PM
RE: cowboy like me - by Mallow - January 29, 2024, 12:02 PM