Ankyra Sound My ship would leave the country
105 Posts
Ooc —
The advantage of being raised by foreign wolves in not-his-home was that Kevlyn picked up on things he ordinarily would have no exposure to. The Nereides wolves, those who had come from Themiscrya Coast and satellite colonies directly, spoke Greek a majority of the time, and a majority of his teachers were said Nereides wolves. Consequently, Kevlyn was slowly learning to understand Greek, though his comprehension was extremely limited—even moreso than his English was limited by his age.

He recognized the sounds for hello. He couldn't form them yet, but Kevlyn practiced in secret with the hope that one day, he would speak as flawlessly as the natives. He muttered a quiet, "hi," in response, acknowledging Spyridon's greeting. Whatever else the wolf said was far too advanced for the young Ostrega to follow, but he was growing used to this. The wolves, upon realizing he had no idea what they were saying, resorted to body language more often than not and supplemented that with their Greek. Some of them even knew English, and could make known what they were saying.

Since he didn't know what Spyridon was saying, Kevlyn looked away. This had worked on his other instructors so far; he was quick to look back in case Spyridon thought he just didn't care, but his expression was blank.
Messages In This Thread
My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - October 29, 2014, 01:35 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by RIP Spyridon - October 30, 2014, 12:02 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - November 03, 2014, 07:19 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by RIP Spyridon - November 04, 2014, 08:12 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - November 05, 2014, 03:48 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by RIP Spyridon - November 05, 2014, 03:55 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - November 06, 2014, 01:03 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by RIP Spyridon - November 06, 2014, 08:53 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - November 08, 2014, 12:51 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by RIP Spyridon - November 09, 2014, 06:14 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - November 11, 2014, 03:21 PM