Ouroboros Spine let me hear you sing
91 Posts
Ooc — bee
i don’t know how it’d help if they knew. galana hummed in a continued exasperated tone.

her mouth was pulled tight in a thin line and she clicked at the silence. trying to pull the words together in her mind was difficult. she’d responded to his latter question, though acknowledging his advice of actions with gratitude and plans to later execute them. galana knew what he was addressing though, the seasons she was away for.

❝i wasn’t like outright stolen or anything- or maybe? i don’t know. i just… i went out pretty far by myself. it’s embarrassing really. i met some wolves, they asked if i wanted to go with them- see the ocean. sounds sketchy, i know. i didn’t know. we never went to the ocean. we went pretty far, and i knew if i tried to go back i wasn’t going to make it. i was scared and they kept saying they’d take me home, but they were running from something. one of them had done something real bad and we couldn’t turn around. i still don’t know why they kept me around, or why they were so scared of taking me home. she paused for a moment, to catch her breath.

she wasn’t talking all that fast, but the story weighed heavy on her. the two men, strangers then not, she thought of them. those two grew to four- to five and it was always others they’d known.

❝it turned into weeks real fast. they fed me and taught me stuff and they fought each other an awful lot. this one lady, she was really nice to me- would always have whisper fights with gray and mida. the ones that found me. i could never really figure out what they were saying. i still don’t even know what all that was. but i ran fast, real fast, val. gray told me moonglow wasn’t home and that everybody leaves home, that they gotta leave home at some point and find a new one. i didn’t like that. they could be scary. i didn’t want to be scared all the time. moonglow wouldn’t hurt me when i would mess up, and i kept thinking about that. at one point i just kept walking with them as a choice but when they started killing i ran.

the nomadic pack- gang? whatever it was kept her around for intentions unknown to little galana. they’d dug themselves into her heart, always short of family, but nearly there in some twisted way. the morals they held were good enough to keep her alive, but not enough to take a frightened child home.
[Image: d3jp7hf-0664de4f-6cb0-4493-b8fd-98f26181...0z5sj-61nQ]

Messages In This Thread
let me hear you sing - by Galana - February 03, 2024, 11:00 PM
RE: let me hear you sing - by Valiant - February 04, 2024, 01:56 PM
RE: let me hear you sing - by Galana - February 04, 2024, 02:21 PM
RE: let me hear you sing - by Valiant - February 04, 2024, 05:41 PM
RE: let me hear you sing - by Galana - February 04, 2024, 07:52 PM
RE: let me hear you sing - by Valiant - February 05, 2024, 09:10 PM
RE: let me hear you sing - by Galana - February 07, 2024, 10:04 PM
RE: let me hear you sing - by Valiant - February 10, 2024, 02:42 PM
RE: let me hear you sing - by Galana - February 11, 2024, 03:26 PM
RE: let me hear you sing - by Valiant - February 11, 2024, 11:52 PM