Ocean's Breath Plateau …a little bitty dream
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Mantra
Sumac nodded, and then cast his gaze downward as his thoughts turned in. A healer... he didn't know anyone like that. Did he? Wait! Kukutux! He did know one, if not the best one in the Wilds. Maybe she would be able to tell? But... Kukutux's lands were all the way in the Wilderness, and if Raindrop was truly expecting, he wasn't so sure he liked the idea of her traveling. A frown crossed his maw.

"I... do know of one healer. A really, really good one. Kukutux - the leader of Moonglow. In the Great Bear Wilderness. I've never been to their lands myself, but I don't know how I feel about a journey all the way there," he stated slowly, mulling it over in his head.

His frown deepened as he looked up and noticed his wife's own taut expression, realizing that it wasn't one he often saw. What was troubling her? Perhaps the prospect of going through the process - Sumac knew it was a taxing time on a woman's body, and he marveled at the strength and miraculous capacity of mothers.

It was then that she spoke her worries, and they mirrored Sumac's own.

'Mac sighed, and gently shooed the miniature cougar from his flank with a forepaw.

"Raindrop... I've been thinking. Maybe it would be best for me to approach the leader of your pack and ask for admission. The last thing I want to do is give you any trouble, especially with your pack. And, well, I don't want to cause our family any trouble, either," he explained, dipping his head and looking up at her with a guilty expression. He felt ashamed for this burden - he should have taken care of it sooner. How childish it now seemed to him to think he could have the best of both worlds! No, the time had come for him to take responsibility, especially if there were prospects of him being a father.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
…a little bitty dream - by Raindrop - March 06, 2024, 03:32 AM
RE: …a little bitty dream - by Sumac - March 06, 2024, 01:55 PM
RE: …a little bitty dream - by Raindrop - March 06, 2024, 02:20 PM
RE: …a little bitty dream - by Sumac - March 06, 2024, 03:26 PM
RE: …a little bitty dream - by Raindrop - March 06, 2024, 04:34 PM
RE: …a little bitty dream - by Sumac - March 06, 2024, 06:43 PM
RE: …a little bitty dream - by Raindrop - March 06, 2024, 09:27 PM
RE: …a little bitty dream - by Sumac - March 07, 2024, 09:53 AM
RE: …a little bitty dream - by Raindrop - March 07, 2024, 01:14 PM
RE: …a little bitty dream - by Sumac - March 07, 2024, 02:06 PM