Hoshor Plains coming home
devil you know
111 Posts
Ooc — Delaney
there was much work to do, more borders to establish that arktos had yet to get to and he's reminded of it immediately at the sound of a voice. a voice that comes from the younger man approaching him. given this, arktos knows he doesn't have a lot to stand upon but even so his hackles bristle and the serenity he felt as the night lulled him into with a whiskey'd spell is broken.

warnings tangled with threats almost slip out of his mouth: territorial over the land he'd begun to claim as his home and protective of both his wife and the herd nearby... despite that realistically, arktos was not the most dangerous thing lingering. the herd poised the most danger: individually but as a herd.

but the effort to lower his voice does not go unnoticed by the wrangler.

still, didn't change the fact that trespassing had occurred.

c'mere. tell me, is your fuckin' nose broken cassidy? it was entirely plausible that he'd entered one of the directions that arktos hadn't gotten to. it was a lot of land to cover on his own, admittedly. these plains are claimed, arktos wasn't a man keen on bullshitting or beating 'round the bush. and before you go gettin' any ideas that herd is protected.

it was unfair to assume anything, arktos knows; and is equally as aware that he didn't offer his name in return. but how the youngster reacted to arktos' abrasiveness — lucky as far as the wrangler saw it, that his teeth weren't clamped 'round his throat for trespassing — would determine whether it was even necessary.

i am so sorry for arktos. this was not how i envisioned this going.

[Image: 69468913_Hf98GqUAMTX6DLb.png]
adopt my babies
Messages In This Thread
coming home - by Arktos - March 17, 2024, 02:12 PM
RE: coming home - by Cassidy - March 17, 2024, 02:21 PM
RE: coming home - by Arktos - March 17, 2024, 02:35 PM
RE: coming home - by Cassidy - March 17, 2024, 03:20 PM
RE: coming home - by Arktos - March 17, 2024, 03:36 PM
RE: coming home - by Cassidy - March 18, 2024, 12:32 PM
RE: coming home - by Arktos - March 18, 2024, 06:57 PM
RE: coming home - by Cassidy - March 22, 2024, 01:54 PM
RE: coming home - by Arktos - March 23, 2024, 04:04 AM