Emberwood So once for the bright sky, twice for the pig sty, thrice for another day
22 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
The mouse deflated in relief at her aunt’s reassurance, letting loose a breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding until now. “Oh, thank goodness.” Another shake to release tension before she stopped and turned to Reverie as the woman spoke again. 

The offer to leave the hole was accepted with a small nod. The initial embarrassment she felt had dissipated, replaced with excitement to spend time with those of her blood. Her life in the Gilded Sea was a foggy memory, her brain barely able to even remember her own mother’s face. All she had known until that fateful day below the Cliffs was Carnelian and that had been enough.

And, when she found out that there were more Medeiros’ beyond the Sea—and in this new pack, no less—she felt the intense want for more. Just her brother for family had not been enough. 

She heaved herself out of the hole and waited for her aunt to catch up. “Can I play with the girls when they’re done their nap? And…and…what were you guys doing out here, anyway? I was hunting by myself ‘cause Carnie needed some alone time.” Eyes the color of her namesake rolled as she pouted. “He never wanted alone time before. Now that he got to spend some time learning with Uncle Tybault, he’s always needing time away from me. Stupid brother…” She grumbled the last few words, softly, kicking at rocks.